HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I was looking for a good accurate gun to use in combat style competitions that emphasize accuracy, but have speed and reload aspects as well. I chose the USP Tactical in .45ACP and it's my first HK gun. It's enroute and I'll have it in 4 more days. What's piqued my interest is how accurate is it compared to the USP Match? How about comparing the USP match to the Sig 210 or the S&W52? Before I decided on the Tactical, which I got from a dealer, a minty used USP Match in 9mm came up on another board, asking $1900. I was just getting my head into HK models then and didn't know that it was a real gem. It sold in an hour or so, before I could research it.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
welcome. I dont have a tact. or match, but It seems to me that all of the HK's are accurate enough for action combat shooting. even myP2k SK is a tack driver.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Accuracy is roughly the same across the USP product line. What changes is the follow-up time. Each model is aimed at different types of shooting, and I would say the Tactical is right where you wanna be for "action" shooting.

With the tactical you get good sights, good trigger, and a fairly good trade off between flat shooting and speed on the draw.

The Match is a bullseye gun, and that's about it; the size makes it pretty much useless for other sport.

-Sean

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Relative accuracy

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. In one of the matches you have to keep 10 rounds inside about 1.5 inches at 10 yards, 2 minute exposure, to stand a chance of winning, so that particular match is weighed strongly towards Bullseye style. If the Match is not noticeabley more accurate than the Tactical then I won't feel so bad missing my chance. But now the lust to acquire a Match is there, and will wax or wane on the percieved accuracy potential.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the Tac in 45. I LOVE it, and it is far more accurate than I am. 1.5" groupings should come easy at 10 yds as long as you do your part. The match trigger is amazing, and my follow up shots are faster with this weapon than any I have ever fired. I can't say enough good about the gun....just wait until your first session firing it, and I'm sure you will see what I mean. Welcome to the site AND the addiction! Keep us updated on your new gem and what you think of it.....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
10 rounds in two minutes does not sound like combat shooting to me. to me combat shooting is more like 12 shots including a reload in 10 seconds within a 10 inch circle. sorry I msiunderstood your question.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The only thing that would make the Match more relatively accurate is the longer sight radius. For USPSA, ISPC, IDPA, etc. the Tac would be better suited. For bullseye matches and things where accuracy is more important than speed, the Match may have a bit of an advantage.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would buy a Match .45 and spare Tactical barrel (both o'ring barrels). Like others have said the Match is perfect for bullseye shooting. Remove the weight and swap in a Tactical barrel and you have the best of all worlds . The smaller caliber Match pistols and Tacticals do NOT have all of the goodies the .45 has.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10 rounds in two minutes does not sound like combat shooting to me. to me combat shooting is more like 12 shots including a reload in 10 seconds within a 10 inch circle. sorry I msiunderstood your question.
There are other matches in the competition that encompass speed and reloading skill. In the slow one I mentioned the scenario is a hostage situation. Highest score area is right next to the hostage head. A nick on the hostage and your score is doomed. So it's like the one shot deal situation, multiplied by 10.

·
Registered
589 Posts
"Accuracy" is not what you are asking about. All of the weapons you mentioned are more accurate, consistently with each other, than most of us are. As the other commentors have mentioned, the differences and advantages for the shooting you wish to do reside in the particular bells and whistles of each weapon and your handling skills.

Welcome to the HK mania. Surely your first one will spawn the next, and the next, and, we all know where that ultimately ends....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Also, with the fullsize 9mm and .40 cal, you have the ability yo use the jet funnel kit. This aids quite a bit with speed reloads and give you a higher capacity. Might not be bad to look at one of these, add the jet funnel and drop in a match trigger....

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I got to shoot a Expert .45 and Match clone .40sw w/JetFunnel this week end, both are easier to shoot well with their Match triggers than my full size USP .45, but neither were more accurate. Im sure very few can wring out every bit of accuracy from the USP 2 handed shooting, they would have to be secured in a machine rest like a RansomRest

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My match has been the most accurate out of the box production handgun I've ever shot. I have an Elite in .45 on the way so I will let you know how they compare.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I have a 45 Tactical and a 45 Expert. Though their triggers are identical, I think the I'm better with the Expert. They are both extremely consistent.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Also, with the fullsize 9mm and .40 cal, you have the ability yo use the jet funnel kit. This aids quite a bit with speed reloads and give you a higher capacity. Might not be bad to look at one of these, add the jet funnel and drop in a match trigger....
Isn't that true of everything being discussed in this thread? Or are you saying but a base USP and add those things?

-Sean

·
Registered
232 Posts
Isn't that true of everything being discussed in this thread? Or are you saying but a base USP and add those things?

-Sean
You can only get a jet funnel kit for 9mm and .40 cal. It's not available for the .45. But yes, you can get those base USP's and add those options, or add the jet funnel to a USP Tactical, Expert, etc. in those two calibers.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You can only get a jet funnel kit for 9mm and .40 cal. It's not available for the .45. But yes, you can get those base USP's and add those options, or add the jet funnel to a USP Tactical, Expert, etc. in those two calibers.
Good point, I keep forgetting that the Jet funnel does not work on the 45s.

-Sean

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been considering putting a match trigger in my USP 9mm. Will the match trigger shorten the reset as well as overall weight of the SA pull?

tia,

Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts