HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, and I think the answer will be more rounds through it. Last 2 range trips with my 2 month old sk, sometimes, when I reload and do a manual release to chamber a round by grabbing top rear of slide and racking, it will sometimes not release. If I give it the assertive tug that we're all taught, it releases and chambers the round without an issue. It is also getting "broken in" enough now to where it will release on its own when firmly seating a new mag, sometimes. It should be noted that my sk with 850 rounds through it to date is "compared" to my P30 with thousands of rounds through it. I can say that the recoil spring on my sk is very tight. More so than I ever remember my P30's recoil spring. Like my P30 though, it does cycle everything without an issue...115 gr. PMC to 127 gr +p+. Thoughts? Just more rounds through it to really "break it in"?

Thanks. I've had no "real" malfunctions, and figure I am just used to my P30 which requires little more than a glancing palm of my support hand to release the slide on a reload; if it does not release upon mag insertion.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The SK has a completely different recoil assembly than the P30. The SK has the double spring recoil assembly, which is why it probably feels a little more stout. As far as the slide not releasing, are you pulling the slide back and it isn't releasing, or just giving it a smack and it not releasing?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The first minute of this video will show how it's done. Same procedure to close the slide after a reload. Same procedure to move the slide for anything. Don't think. Do it.

Note you reach over the slide not pinch it.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks The Chad. It's a little more than a smack. I didn't think about the different spring assemblies and that does make complete sense. I just did a few reloads with it, and the slide just takes a little more force and rearward movement to disengage the catch than my well worked in P30 does. I don't think I was being aggressive enough on the dual spring set up in this new gun. When I pull the slide back, it very cleanly releases with a "click".

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first minute of this video will show how it's done. Same procedure to close the slide after a reload. Same procedure to move the slide for anything. Don't think. Do it.

Note you reach over the slide not pinch it.

-- Chuck
Good video Chuck. I do use this technique, but I admit to having been spoiled by the ease of releasing the slide on my P30 while reloading....need to make sure that I am always racking the slide aggressively no matter how "easy" it is from one gun to another. Thanks for the video. Good reminder of proper technique and the breakdown in one of my steps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts