HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Anyone have their thoughts on a prooven good setup 40SW reloaded round for the MP5 40?
Once my CA94-40 comes in, I will let you know how my reloads do. I will be using the loads I developed from my USP compact 40 and see how well they function in the MP5-40.

But from my pistols I like the following:

Bullet: 180gr Rainer plated bullets
Powder: 4.6gr Titegroup
Primer: WSP
OAL: 1.125"

Bullet: 165gr Rainer plated bullets
Powder: 5.1gr Titegroup
Primer: WSP
OAL: 1.125"

I need to find the exact FPS I got with these, but I do not have my log with me. These loads are nearing published max loads, but I am sure that is not really max loads. I do not have any signs of overpressure on the spent casings. I let a friend borrow my chrony but once I get it back I will be developing some loads for the MP5-40, I'll keep you posted.

Also thanks for all the help with the CA94-40 questions, greatly appreciated man!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kinda funny. I have a 40C and the CA94 and just got interested in reloading pistol today! Did you buy the rifle or pistol version?

·
Registered
626 Posts
shot some 165gr HSM factory reloads in my brand new ca89-40 and it didnt seem to like them. of the 2 mags that I shot thru it there were a couple of stoppages. the gun is also brand new and not broken in yet, and that may be contributing as I have had zero issues with this ammo in the past.

it did manage to eat all of the wolf that I ran thru it. although ejection was less than forceful.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thats kinda funny. I have a 40C and the CA94 and just got interested in reloading pistol today! Did you buy the rifle or pistol version?
I ordered the rifle version after I did more research on the 922r laws. It does not apply to registered SBR's. I will be SBR'ing the CA94 so it won't be so much of a problem using all German parts if I choose to later down the line.

After I pick up my chrony, I'll try using some Power Pistol powder or Longshot. Those powders are good for full power 40/10mm loads.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else reloading 40SW for MP5's?

Target loads?

Hunting loads?

Whats a good grain weight for the standard length 40SW barrel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts