HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased a Zenith Arm's Z5RS pistol and want to remark or re-stamp it with a more correct looking "MP5-N" markings.

Yes, I know its a clone and I'm not trying to pass it off as a real HK model. And to the best of my knowledge, MKE stamps their true select-fire MP5s with MP5... As for the HK purist who might own a "real" select-fire HK MP5, I bet that it started its life as a HK-94 carbine prior to May 1986 and was re-stamped AFTER the conversion process... So much for being a "real" HK MP5.

With that said, who would be the best business to fill-in the original markings a remark it to MP5-N... As well as clean up some minor tooling markings and refinish it in a current "HK" type of Black?

I will also be adding a FBI type of trigger pack to it and submit the paperwork to have it SBR-ed... With the Form 1, I will be submitting a photo of the new markings and serial number to ATF as well.

Thanks for looking!!

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,101 Posts
You might have trouble finding some smiths to do this.........I do not see the harm as long as if you ever sell you are upfront about it..................

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I believe Ralph at RTDS will remark to MP5 etc but he wont add any HK specific markings.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I'd say re-mark it! I don't believe it is necessary to take a photo of the new markings for the ATF, but to each their own.

What I don't get is why clone manufacturers put paddle magazine releases, and have 3 lug barrels while HK doesn't so buyers have to add them if they want.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
That sounds like a cool project, like you said it is a clone. Please advise who you get to do the work.
But it is not a clone. It is a licensed HK made by MKE. There is a difference.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
What I don't get is why clone manufacturers put paddle magazine releases, and have 3 lug barrels while HK doesn't so buyers have to add them if they want.
Well, #1, MKE is not a clone but rather a HK Licensed manufacturer. Also, I say thumbs up to the other manufacturers that offer the end users upgrades they desire rather than forcing them to incur larges costs to press in new barrels and have aftermarket work done like paddles. It would be nice if HK would be a bit less stuffy and offer these upgrades themselves, but I do realize that certain country regulations, treaties, bans and import regs could restrict them or it might just be that there is not much demand for such from the majority of their buyers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You are correct, the Zenith MKE guns are not clones. I own several Zenith MKE guns and a POF MP5 and I am very happy with both, they run great especially with my sear pack.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a Zenith import MKE. I say I have an 'MP5 Clone' around people who tend to get their panties in a wad about such things. But otherwise, I just call it a semiauto MP5 to everyone else. I mean the whole 'Clone' debate is only really polarizing within the HK community. You don't hear about people making FAL clones, or AKM clones, or 10/22 clones, or AR-15 clones. You just hear people talk about their FAL's, AKM's, 10/22's and AR-15's.

I guess if you purposely make your MP5 an exact replica of a designated model (like some people do with M16A1's for example) then the 'clone' moniker would be appropriate, but otherwise I don't really care if people simply call it an MP5.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, #1, MKE is not a clone but rather a HK Licensed manufacturer.

Well said as above..... please let us know how it turns out and what you decide!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts