HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was browsing the remington miltary page and saw that their new rail is being made for the hk416 and m4

heres a link
Remington Defense

no pics of it mounted yet though

·
Registered
749 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
its Remington, they wont release the acr rails they discontinued, and have a firm stance against civilian sales for military items (although some of the newer parts are coming to the civilian market slowly)

btw jason from ten pound monkey has pics of the new dd 416 rail on his facebook page, looks similar to an obr

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
This 13+" version looks really nice.

BTW Geisselle and Remington came around same time with new rail for HK416, apparently due to military demand. How this is going inline with "everybody is dropping HK416 for better rifles" hype?

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
This 13+" version looks really nice.

BTW Geisselle and Remington came around same time with new rail for HK416, apparently due to military demand. How this is going inline with "everybody is dropping HK416 for better rifles" hype?
You answered your own question Montrala. They are not. HK416's are still killing lots of bad actors across the globe in the worlds top units and will be for a long time. Hell now the Marines have their new IAR's coming by the boat load too so it seems the HK416 user base is actually growing.

HK416 is still, 7+ years after its debut at the SHOT Show, the gun to beat. It has forced other makers to improve their products trying to knock HK off the summit but yet the best in the US are still using it and not POF, LWRC, SIG 516, Remington ACR, M4, SCAR, DD, you name it. That is fact and is undisputable.

I frankly would LOVE to see the HK416 replaced within select US SOF units as THAT WOULD BE ONE HELL OF A GUN!

G3Kurz

·
Registered
3,466 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I frankly would LOVE to see the HK416 replaced within select US SOF units as THAT WOULD BE ONE HELL OF A GUN!

G3Kurz
I totally agree. Tier 1 units fielded the 416 b/c it was the best. If something better is available, then the Tier 1 units would replace the 416 with it. I just hate it when internet commandos say T1 units want to replace the 416 b/c it's having significant problems. We all know that is simply not true.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You answered your own question Montrala. They are not. HK416's are still killing lots of bad actors across the globe in the worlds top units and will be for a long time. Hell now the Marines have their new IAR's coming by the boat load too so it seems the HK416 user base is actually growing.

HK416 is still, 7+ years after its debut at the SHOT Show, the gun to beat. It has forced other makers to improve their products trying to knock HK off the summit but yet the best in the US are still using it and not POF, LWRC, SIG 516, Remington ACR, M4, SCAR, DD, you name it. That is fact and is undisputable.

G3Kurz
Now all we need is a proper civilian version. Maybe if it wins the IC we may get one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts