HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little advice. I have a CA89 with the plastic grip frame, got a nice HK clipped and pinned to put my internals in but can't figure out how to get the internals out of the existing grip housing. I thought I would ask here before applying force to the safety lever.

Thanks
D.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Remove the CA housing from the gun. Lift the long left selector to point at the 12 o'clock position. Wiggle the right side till it comes loose. Shouldn't take much the left side will slide right out. The rest of the trigger pack will come out of the housing from the top as a assembly.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, got it apart and it appears the SEF I have won't work. The internals have a larger hole for the safety to go through than mine. Guess I'll look for some genuine HK internals.

D.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So you have an ambi clone lower and you were wanting to replace it with a clipped and pinned HK SEF lower?

As you have already found out it won't work. You will need new internals and a new selector.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is pretty much where I am at. I may just buy a navy C&P instead. but I would love to put in genuine HK internals since it will be a SBR shortly anyway 922 compliance ya know!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
So you have an ambi clone lower and you were wanting to replace it with a clipped and pinned HK SEF lower?

As you have already found out it won't work. You will need new internals and a new selector.
Guys mine worked on my CA89K. I replaced it from one from Adam. I had to dremel a very small amount of material from the right side of housing at the bottom of the selector hole. Works like a champ!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everybodys advice and help here!

BTW nice looking CA89K that will be my next clone purchase! Had a BW89 and let it get away.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes that is pretty much where I am at. I may just buy a navy C&P instead. but I would love to put in genuine HK internals since it will be a SBR shortly anyway 922 compliance ya know!!
I beleive that:

In a Form-1 SBR configuration, 922(r) does not apply siince it is now a NFA weapon.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I was meaning to say since it will be a SBR shortly the 922 won't matter.

D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts