HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Standard reply is to maximize the amount your receive, break everything up and price separately, include one mag with each gun. sell accessories and ammo seperate. Take a set of good photos of the guns, with close ups of any features or details (both good and bad). If you wish to gilt the Lilly as the saying goes, could even post video of the guns shooting ... but might be a little over kill ;-)

If you wish give a package price to any one interested and who asks, is always an option, however, you will end up giving away at least one host gun and maybe two if you are only selling in a package, I am afraid. You might wish to sell off a few of the gun's before selling the sear, as once the sear is gone you really need to have gotten ride of the stocks for the MM53 and MM89, be that in the trash, sold or given with no strings attached to a close friend. Also if you sell the sear first, then you have two guns that are just pistols ...

Your price depends a lot on how fast you wish to sell the items, would assume a sear price of $15K would go FAST and a little north of $16k should still sell, while as you near $18K this week might take a bit (weeks, months or what ever ;-). For the guns, one option is ask 85% of the price you paid or the current street price if they have gone up and adjust down from there .... no help on the HK51A2.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
can I have one?
Besides the sear ;-), which one would you want?

I have been thinking about selling my goodies lately. Wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what they are worth and if there is interest amongst this group...

1. Flemming registered sear in 9mm, 5.56mm and 7.62mm - in an ambi-navy pack
2. Flemming built and marked - HK51A2 currently NFA registered as a SBR
3. Michael's machines - MM53 (PDW with sear in gun) - Pistol w/ FA bolt
4. Michael's machines - MM89 (PDW formate with sear in gun) - Pistol w/ FA bolt
5. PTR91 Tacticle Rifle - w/German FA Bolt

All guns have been set up to use the Flemming sear pack with proper stocks, ect. All the guns run great with and without the Flemming sear. I have shot maybe 200 to 300 rounds through each gun and have them working like a fine turned race car.

Ideas, interest, amounts greatfully discussed....

Bob
:2300000:
Once the sear is gone, of course the prices will jump ;-) .....
Standard recommendation not to sell.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
51s are a PITA to sellas a SBR. If you were going to sell the sear with a gun I would say to move it with the 51.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Just my two cents, but I think the market has pulled back from a peak. A couple of recent sales indicate to me that Fleming or Qalified sear is worth about 15k-15.5k, a bit more in a pack depending on the type and who set it up. For a while those sears were closer to 16k, but prices have broken through the 12.5 barrier and are holding pretty firm at 15 and up. Supply remains tight so the numbers are spikey, being on a form 3 from a reputable dealer also seems to help on price of course. What price are you thinking rolling yours out at?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I have to ask, I'm guessing all of these items were purchased in the last couple of years? If so with a couple of hundred rounds through each of the MM guns, selling at 85% of new, my guess is the profit on the sear will be offset by the losses of the MM guns. Overall, I think you'll loose money over what you paid total. That would be taking the time to sell each item individually. Selling as a package deal, there would be very few with that kind of cash. I for one would want a big discount over the retail price for a package deal. Then there is also what your time is worth. These are not $1,200 clones. There will be lots of "tire kickers". Most will want detailed pictures of this or that. So overall I think you'll loose money right now. I'd hang on and have some more fun with them. With the economy turning around, I'd imagine that prices will continue to climb over time. Your mileage may vary.

Scott

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The down side is human nature focuses on the one main item, the sear and tends to forget about the rest of the items when talking price. Plus you have to find someone who want's a full size PTR91 rifle (probably best to sell by it's self), the MM53, MM89 and HK51 ... but the last three do make a nice package - if the buyer wants the HK51 and has over $22 grand to spend.

However, as long as the economy holds out, one would expect the sear prices to hold and go up a bit. Was I think less than two years ago were AR DIAS and HK Sears could be had for $10k. Thus one option is take the detailed photos and see what you can get for the HK51 SBR and Mike's two guns (I have one of the MM53s and it's a lot nicer than the Vector ... but both shoot ok). Depending on what you have for other guns and interests, PTR91 could be sold off now or later.

If a clone is in current short supply and demand, then one can at times get more than 85% but that is a first pass in my world and with a little use and less demand one may have to take 85% of the 85% or less ;-(.

Would first hit any in state shooting friends and see if they are interested ... can make a good deal to all and not have as much work.

·
Registered
235 Posts
51s are a PITA to sellas a SBR. If you were going to sell the sear with a gun I would say to move it with the 51.
If you pin a ~18" flash hider on the 51 and un-SBR it, it might be simpler to sell.
It can then transfer as a title I and the new owner could then re-SBR it on a form 1.
Net result is that it would transfer faster than if it was currently sitting on a form3...

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
GPSIG

Playing with the idea of 16k (sear in pack only). The pack was set up my Mike at Michael's Machines and includes a "re-timed hammer"..
Fleming in a Navy pack at 16k seems reasonable, I bet you would have some luck. Buying it below 7k...how long have you had the sear?

·
Banned
100 Posts
Not to get off topic but where are the signs of the economy turning around? this is just election time. only going to get worse next year.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Not to get off topic but where are the signs of the economy turning around? this is just election time. only going to get worse next year.
Prices on all kinds of toys are picking up, not just firearms. It might not be picking up where you live but things are starting to pick up where I live. During the last Presidential election, I didn't notice any machinegun prices going up. I sold a Bushmaster M4 14.5" barrel with 500 rds of use for $325. I bought it for $212 new from Bushmaster. I put up the ad on a Tuesday. I checked my email an hour later and three "I'll take it" messages. I told the second guy that he missed it and to just order a new one from Bushmaster for $212 and wait the six of eight months. He wrote me back that was he had to have one "right now because everything was going to get banned". There are some that are "stirring that pot". IMHO most that are are looking to sell something.

Both the major party presidential candidates are anti gun. Congress makes the laws here in the US, not the President. Most any politician I ever met is looking for his next seat. The last time there was a ban, lots of politicians that voted for it lost their jobs. Firearms are hot right now. Shows like "Sons Of Guns" and "American Guns" are getting more popular. Why are NFA transfers taking so long? The NFA Branch is dealing with almost a million transfers a year. Suppressor sales are up. Some states are allowing suppressed hunting. Form 1s are coming in droves. So I doubt many Congressmen would risk their position for an unpopular law. YMMV.

Scott

·
Banned
100 Posts
Don't get me wrong on this cuz I'm not much into discussing politics as I frankly don't care. Nothing is as it seems. The US doesn't belong to americans anymore. We are owned by the elite rich and we don't see anything whats going on behind the curtain.

You mentioned toy sales are up... which only tells me that kids are just getting worse when it comes to having anything they want. And second, gun sales are up only because people think prices are going to go up and everything is going to be harder to find soon. Heck, I know people that aren't even gun people, that are buying ammo up because they think it a good investment. Not trying to argue with you, all I'm doing is stating what I see and my 2 cents. Wasn't trying to start anything at all...

·
Banned
100 Posts
Sorry, I guess I misread your post. I thought you said "sales" were up. If prices are up, thats even worse. Prices are UP EVERYWHERE, on EVERYTHING! Sales is one thing but prices is another. Heck, the prices on all my guns that I want to sell are UP too but doesn't mean that I'm going to sell them or that things are getting better. House prices were UP too 5 years ago but we saw where that headed.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Sales of ammo and guns are up... way up. And I'm gonna bet that it will continue after whoever gets elected. The economy stinks and will get worse. The guns may be considered "insurance". The ammo may be considered "currency".

That's been the favorite of the disaster novelists, anyhow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts