HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stock has got a cheek piece that bolts through the stock. I guess I will have to saw through the stock to get at the buffer. If the spring wes not such a mess i would just intall it on my rifle but it is a rusted train wreck

·
Registered
280 Posts
The stock has got a cheek piece that bolts through the stock. I guess I will have to saw through the stock to get at the buffer. If the spring wes not such a mess i would just intall it on my rifle but it is a rusted train wreck
Please, before you take a power saw to it, post some pics and maybe we can help. The recoil spring can be replaced fairly easily and the metal cap can be easily refinished.

I'd certainly hate to see a genny SG1 stock (sounds like one) get hacked up just for the buffer.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Stop do not cut like Eric said that sounds like an SG1 stock which is rare and worth about $350 to $400. The spring can be fixed. Also if you look at the bottom of the stock there are two regular head screws if you loosen those you can adjust the check piece and I think even remove it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes it does have two (flat head) screws on the bottom on the stock. I just will leave it alone until after the holiday. I have no idea what kind of stock it is. because I have an xg3s I was not going to change the stock that is on it(it is numbered to the gun) I was just going to change the buffer. Who knows :40:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Out of curiosity, why do you want to change the buffer? Is it not functioning properly? Or are you wanting to upgrade to a "heavy" or HK21 buffer.

So, which of these buffers do you have?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As of now I have a standard buffer on my Xg3s The stock I was given has a G3 Heavy buffer not an HK 21. So I want to put the heavy buffer on my stock.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, next part of the story. I took the back off and unscrewed the chin rest and removed it. Only problem is the bars are still in the way I tried to tap them out with a punch but they did not move. I am still stuck with what looks like the only the only solution to cut it out. I will try to think of other answers. :20:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The stock that you are trying to remove the heavy buffer from is from your own description an SG1 stock. Again these stocks are very rare and are worth between $350 and possibly even $425.

It would be very easy for you to sell the stock and have plenty of money to buy a heavy buffer and other stuff for your rifle.

I paid $350 for my SG1 stock and spent about a year trying to get one. I just saw two sell on this board a few days ago. I think one sold for $400 and the other for $410. There are many people building SG1 clones and this is one of the hardest original pieces to get.

Link to SG1 pics:
http://www.hkpro.com/g3sg1.htm

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes, you are correct the stock in that link is the one I have. It is exactly what my stock looks like and it is marked either hII or H11

I was able to get the spring off but the bar itself has some rust damage on it. Not sure how to fix the bar, I may look for an hk gunmith in the area that I can send the stock to to get it rehabbed. Anybody know anyone who does this stuff?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was able to get the spring off but the bar itself has some rust damage on it. Not sure how to fix the bar, I may look for an hk gunmith in the area that I can send the stock to to get it rehabbed. Anybody know anyone who does this stuff?
One should be able to gently blast the rust away in a "sand blast" cabinet and then refinish the rod.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Out of curiosity, why do you want to change the buffer? Is it not functioning properly? Or are you wanting to upgrade to a "heavy" or HK21 buffer.
Can you put an HK21 buffer in a HK91 stock? Even with a dremel tool?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts