HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a different mag release for my P2000. I was hoping for something with smoother, more rounded edges, easier on the fingers. I'm fine operating the mag release when I drop the mag, but getting a high, firm grip on the pistol can be a little painful on my middle finger. Anyone have an idea or source for an alternative?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd like to get a different mag release for my P2000. I was hoping for something with smoother, more rounded edges, easier on the fingers. I'm fine operating the mag release when I drop the mag, but getting a high, firm grip on the pistol can be a little painful on my middle finger. Anyone have an idea or source for an alternative?
You might want to go to the other "plastic" forum and ask them if you can borrow their Dremels and soldering irons. LOL Just kidding. I have the same issue with my P2000. I'm getting used to it though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno

I practice draws & speed reloads with my weak hand & don't have that mag release issue, only with my strong hand. I may look for a gun with a traditional mag release.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to use the P2000 at a handgun class this weekend. Afterwards I'll probably trade it in for an XD or M&P.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to use the P2000 at a handgun class this weekend. Afterwards I'll probably trade it in for an XD or M&P.
I plead temporary insanity. The P2000 didn't hiccup or complain at all for 1700 rds of WWB. Speed shooting, draws-smooth as silk. There were a few expensive custom guns at the class which puked from time to time. My own XD 45acp didn't like my limp-wristing & had several malfunctions. The P2000 didn't care one bit. Moral:Never sell an HK, buy more!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I plead temporary insanity. The P2000 didn't hiccup or complain at all for 1700 rds of WWB. Speed shooting, draws-smooth as silk. There were a few expensive custom guns at the class which puked from time to time. My own XD 45acp didn't like my limp-wristing & had several malfunctions. The P2000 didn't care one bit. Moral:Never sell an HK, buy more!
Damn HK dependability issues get you every time dont they....:47:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure why this happened, but the problem I had with the mag release went away. I put the flat mag floorplates on my mags & viola.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I'd like to get a different mag release for my P2000. I was hoping for something with smoother, more rounded edges, easier on the fingers.
Al this you get... with HK P30! But unfortunaltelly mag releases are not exchangable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
P30 Mag release

Has anyone from this forum tried the P30 mag release on the P2000? I know there are a couple of you guys out there that are silly and skilled enough (not necessarily in that order) to at least make the an attempt at this. I vaguely remember a posting a couple months back about someone who found some sort of aftermarket release lever that was a little bigger.

Thanks for your input and responses.

Tom

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Has anyone from this forum tried the P30 mag release on the P2000?
As I already wrote, they are not interchangeable. Even with set of files and trusty Dremel(tm). P2000/P2000SK/USP/USPc have mag release that mounts and pivots under triggerguard (wings go up on sides of tiggerbuard), while P30 mag realease mounts and pivot over (inside) triggerguard with wings going down to the sides. This is huge difference in design of mag realeas and gun frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts