HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally going to sell my FNP tactical 45 and I am using that money to roll over into either a HK45c standard, or HK45c tactical. I really like the looks of the Tactical but would probably never get a suppressor for it. So do you think I should just stick with the standard HK45c or since I have the money go balls out and get what looks cooler. This HK addiction is a real pisser!!:)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
If it were me, and a can was not in my future; I'd get the non-tac model and invest the extra in buying primers or the like.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hk45CT all the way, whether or not a suppressor is possible, it is awesome and very cool!

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Get a standard and if you later opt to add a "can" then you can simply buy a threaded barrel. Or, vice versa.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get a standard and if you later opt to add a "can" then you can simply buy a threaded barrel. Or, vice versa.
/\ Absolutely... I don't own the compact, I went with the FS USP 45 Tactical for the match trigger and have since replaced the sights with the lower non adjustable ones for holster purposes... BTW-Like you I don't care about a can either...
Since the Compact Tactical don't come with the match trigger I would go with the Standard USP Compact and save the money...(Match trigger, night sights, light, holster, whatever)...
Have a good one...Tater2...

·
Registered
313 Posts
/\ Absolutely... I don't own the compact, I went with the FS USP 45 Tactical for the match trigger and have since replaced the sights with the lower non adjustable ones for holster purposes... BTW-Like you I don't care about a can either...
Since the Compact Tactical don't come with the match trigger I would go with the Standard USP Compact and save the money...(Match trigger, night sights, light, holster, whatever)...
Are you saying one or more of these features could be added to the standard HK45c later to make it like you want it? Though I'd imagine it would be hard to make many additions before you're equal to or above the cost of an out of the box tac.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I agree with the concensus, you are already getting rid of a supressor ready weapon to buy another and not supress it ??
it won't shoot any better with a TB..........
go with the standard 45C you will love it!!

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
If it were a USPT 45 vs a USP 45, I would say get the tactical regardless of any situation. Just because it is a shooter.

As for the HK45ct, I would say get the HK45c and mod later if needed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Are you saying one or more of these features could be added to the standard HK45c later to make it like you want it? Though I'd imagine it would be hard to make many additions before you're equal to or above the cost of an out of the box tac.
I'm just sayin that if you don't want a can, you could use the +/-$200 for other purposes... I don't see any differences in the Standard Comp. & Tactical Comp. other than the +/-1/2" longer threaded barrel...
Fact is, when I went to buy my 45 I ordered the USP Compact Tactical, but before it came in I found out (here) that the description at the time was wrong on the Compact Tac., it did not have the match trigger that I wanted... I had the order canceled and the LGS ordered the FS USP 45 Tac. for me, it took a good while to get it but I waited, as I do like the match trigger... The folks on here streightened me out on what the Compact Tactical had and what it didn't, I think that may be what caused the description to get changed...
PS- Of course that's just my opinion, others may differ...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm just sayin that if you don't want a can, you could use the +/-$200 for other purposes... I don't see any differences in the Standard Comp. & Tactical Comp. other than the +/-1/2" longer threaded barrel...
Fact is, when I went to buy my 45 I ordered the USP Compact Tactical, but before it came in I found out (here) that the description at the time was wrong on the Compact Tac., it did not have the match trigger that I wanted... I had the order canceled and the LGS ordered the FS USP 45 Tac. for me, it took a good while to get it but I waited, as I do like the match trigger... The folks on here streightened me out on what the Compact Tactical had and what it didn't, I think that may be what caused the description to get changed...
PS- Of course that's just my opinion, others may differ...
Ok, thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Go with what trips your...sorry about the almost pun. I will have a suppressor soon, but had no intent of getting one when I bought the HK45CT. Either will serve you well. Sometimes saving a buck has to take a back seat to want rather than need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts