HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A newbie here -- Retired a few years ago and have played around with our SWAT's MP5 but never got around to buying one. I kick myself for not picking one up years ago --- back in the 90's - when I could have picked up a couple for HK94 decked out for $800 and a HK SP89 for $700 - went to a show leaving my money at home - dumb - when I went to the next show they were gone and prices started to sky rocket. Now on a retirement budget I am picking up some clones as cannot even come close to buying the real thing now. I just picked up a POF MP5KX and have a Zenith 5rs on order. I have a couple of USP - one in 40 and one in 45. Will be trolling the sight for information but for sure will be asking questions at some point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been looking at those Zenith's, once you take it out and get it hot, I'd love to hear your impressions. Pics earn you bonus points in the Karma game.:6200:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
A newbie here -- Retired a few years ago and have played around with our SWAT's MP5 but never got around to buying one. I kick myself for not picking one up years ago --- back in the 90's - when I could have picked up a couple for HK94 decked out for $800 and a HK SP89 for $700 - went to a show leaving my money at home - dumb - when I went to the next show they were gone and prices started to sky rocket. Now on a retirement budget I am picking up some clones as cannot even come close to buying the real thing now. I just picked up a POF MP5KX and have a Zenith 5rs on order. I have a couple of USP - one in 40 and one in 45. Will be trolling the sight for information but for sure will be asking questions at some point.
Welcome too as others have stated. There are several great manufacturers on this board. I personally...have done my business through Jayson, at IGF....and I've NEVER had any issue....and this is not to discount the other manufacturers on this board, as they too, are all top shelf. Best of luck, and welcome.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You may also want to look into doing an MP5SD.

The well equipped MP5 Team Room should have at minimum:

Quantity: Type

2 MP5 Fullsize variant (SBR) One with irons, the other with a micro dot. Both with white light

1 MP5K/MP5K PDW (SBR)

1 MP5SD (SBR)

25 Quality MP5 magazines. HK GmBH, POF, MKE

2 MP5 HK GmBH double magazine clamps

Appropriate 1/2 point slings

Optionally:

A second MP5SD, configured for different mission specifics. E.g. an optic and light for low light usage.

A second K variant. Possibly with the briefcase available - for covert close protection tasks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello and welcome to the addiction from Utah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts