1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
The problem with most of these collapsing butt stocks is this spring on the right. I had to increase the bend at the end that contacts the center core of the buffer tube. Once I did that, it was merely a matter of following the final adjustment procedure to set the tension and I had a stock that functioned again.

And better yet, all I had to do (in hindsight) was remove the circlip and take off the locking ring to bend the tab on "spring A" a bit. I really didn't need to bust it down as far as I did.

Thanks to Straightgrain for prettying up that link and posting it.

Reactions: gtabbal

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm currently trying to replace the buffer and I'm having a problem with:

"After removing the circlip (6) remove the locking ring with spring (5) and the clamping lever (4)."

It's not like the thing just pulls off. How does this part actually come off?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ok, I got that figured out, but how do I actually get this rubber buffer in there? The end seems too big for the hole. Do I just jam it down in?

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I need that spring. Where can I get one?
The problem with most of these collapsing butt stocks is this spring on the right. I had to increase the bend at the end that contacts the center core of the buffer tube. Once I did that, it was merely a matter of following the final adjustment procedure to set the tension and I had a stock that functioned again.

And better yet, all I had to do (in hindsight) was remove the circlip and take off the locking ring to bend the tab on "spring A" a bit. I really didn't need to bust it down as far as I did.

Thanks to Straightgrain for prettying up that link and posting it.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I need that spring. Where can I get one?
You know, someone used to sell a rebuild kit for these stocks that included both springs but I can't find it and I checked both Numrich and Apex. This is the best I could find:
HK MP5 A3 Stock Locking Lever

I would call first to be sure that that is the "Spring A" in there, I'm pretty sure it is.

You could also scalp one from a crappy wobbly POF HK93 stock.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Thanks for the help! I think AA oklahoma used to sell them but I think they sold their HK stock to HKPARTS. Spring "A" is exactly what I need. I bought one recently inside a locking ring that had both bent ends broken off. My last wobbly POF A3 stock was sold some years ago. Now if I can find a cheap POF A3 stock for parts I would buy it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sorry for bump up this old thread.

I have a 93 A3 stock missing buffer spring and buffer piston nipple. How to remove back end of the buffer housing so I can install the spring and nipple. See photos. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts