HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm glad that guy took the time to post that review. I would love to see consistent sub-moa performance out of the gun- considering the price, but when you think about what the gun really is, the accuracy is about what I'd expect.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Good review but damn $3,995 is pricey! Hopefully it can be bought for closer to $3,000 after 6 months plus.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I'm glad that guy took the time to post that review. I would love to see consistent sub-moa performance out of the gun- considering the price, but when you think about what the gun really is, the accuracy is about what I'd expect.
Typically HK CHF barrels like that used in the MR series perform better from a raw accuracy standpoint after 3000-5000 rounds. The manner is which HK hammers these barrels with a slight taper to the bore insures that the accuracy remains well beyond the life of a "normal" non-HK CHF barrel. The first HK417 12.5" "assaulter" prototype I have mentioned here before fired sub MOA groups out to 500 yards with M118LR AFTER being fired full auto with 2-rd mags and even some 50-rd drums for well over 5000 rounds. The random HK416 10" tested for the first lot acceptance fired sub MOA groups at 100m after 12000 rounds fired. A test sample M27 IAR nearly cleaned the course after who knows how many 1000s of rounds fired by Marine IAR gunners. I used the same HK21E barrel in many demos to include 500 and even 1000 ful auto strings and with match amo and a 10X scope it would still print 1" groups at 100 meters.

My guess is that these MR's with the right ammo will improve by 10-30% in the accuracy dept and will maintain that well beyond 15,000 rounds maybe even 20,000. Keeping the bore free of jacket fouling with a copper solvent also helps reduce constriction in the front half of the bore and case pressure issues, which is also wise with roller-locked HK's.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
322 Posts
slightly off topic, but will they release the extended rail for the Mr308? That 20" rifle would look great with an extended rail.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sorry to be off topic but since the G28 is a variant of the MR308, I have a question about it's accuracy. Does the G28 shoot 1.5 MOA with FMJ ammo or with match ammo? Does the sniper version of the G28 also shoot 1.5 MOA?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Sorry to be off topic but since the G28 is a variant of the MR308, I have a question about it's accuracy. Does the G28 shoot 1.5 MOA with FMJ ammo or with match ammo? Does the sniper version of the G28 also shoot 1.5 MOA?
AFAIK German Army requested minimum 1.5 MOA with sniper ammo they use @ 600m from bipod. It is not "machine rest / bench rest" 1.5 MOA at 100m with handloads. I would call it "Real World 1.5 MOA".

Rested MR308 with 16.75" barrel shoots easily sub-MOA with match grade ammo @ 100m, if this is what you ask.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
AFAIK German Army requested minimum 1.5 MOA with sniper ammo they use @ 600m from bipod. It is not "machine rest / bench rest" 1.5 MOA at 100m with handloads. I would call it "Real World 1.5 MOA".

Rested MR308 with 16.75" barrel shoots easily sub-MOA with match grade ammo @ 100m, if this is what you ask.
Thanks for the reply and explanation. I'm just curious how this accuracy compares with the MK17, SR-25 EMC and LaRue OBR?

·
Registered
46 Posts
He had good experiences with the Sako Range 123 gr ammunition on his 20" MR308.

I was just recently doing suppressor POI shift testing on our newer 16" HK417, it also grouped well with the Sako ammunition, printing c. 17-23 mm groups at 100 meters.

Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there a difference in accuracy between a 20" and a 16" MR308 (or HK 417)?
The best groups in our test firing with both the 20" and 16" HK417 variants have been c. 14-16 mm at 100 meters and usually Lapua 167 gr Scenar has been the ammunition in question.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen

·
Registered
12 Posts
The best groups in our test firing with both the 20" and 16" HK417 variants have been c. 14-16 mm at 100 meters and usually Lapua 167 gr Scenar has been the ammunition in question.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Thanks for the info Tuukka. Your groups are better than what I was expecting. Looks like the accuracy is there with the right match ammo.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts