HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping I can get some feed back on SW/ Black Market Parts current MP5/40 SD barrels. Any known issues concerning the newer MP5/40 SD Barrels? Should be the latest batch that is (1 1/2) year and newer.

Fluting?
Chamber Sizing?
Rough Chambers?
Correct Seating?

Any info from the current builders would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
11c, I don't know this for fact so take it with a grain of salt but I'm pretty sure bmp's barrels are fluted though I've heard they aren't very deep. Again, not fact. Just what I remember off the top of my head when I was thinking about buying one of their uppers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I should be sending a MP5/40 kit off to be built soon into a SD and I plan on using a SW barrel also. I already have several laying around. I was going to machine a G3 trunnion down to get over that hurdle, but I think I'll try one of RCM's new ones since they are out.

I more than willing to send the barrels out to get nitrided if anyone thinks it would be worth it. Or some other treatment. Speak up.

I went ahead and bought one of Todd's $369 suppressors also as a roll of the dice. I believe these are aluminum bodied.

Finally, any reason to go with the shrouds that RobertRTG sells vs one of Todd's? I have several of the later already.

Mit

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a question for you .40 cal guys.
If the straight wall casing of the 9mm and 45 acp cycle without flutes, why wouldn't the .40 cal rounds also?
I'm sure like the other pistol rounds, the flutes aren't really needed. Either way, the SW barrels are flutted.

Anyone know what Todd gets his barrels made out of?

11C ABN - I'll PM you once I get a quote for Nitriding the barrels. I'm going to buy a couple more and get a batch done. It isn't terribly expensive at all.

Mit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.