HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed out the backstrap on my HK45 and noticed the RFID chip. I had forgotten about these as I haven't seen a thread about this in quite some time. Are you guys leaving these alone or popping them out?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I was under the impression that the RFID chips are not present in commercial imports. The chip is only installed at the request of a purchasing agency.

Is this incorrect?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Can you post of picture of it? I don't even know what they look like.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't have one on my HK's, but I'd leave alone as is.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
There was one each on my HK45, HK45C, and HK45CT. I left it on the CT becasue I am leaving it unfired as new until I either get a can or sell the gun, but the others I deep sixed. I know all too well what all an RFID chip CAN be used for. Call me paranoid.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Love the hat, you should start a club!! funny stuff.........

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was under the impression that the RFID chips are not present in commercial imports. The chip is only installed at the request of a purchasing agency.

Is this incorrect?
Both my HK45 and HK45c have them. They were purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yeah, nice hat!

As for the OP, Trust...but verify, I always say!

In previous post it's been said that only basic info (SN, model, date code, Dept ID, etc.) are kept on the specific firearm. So if true, then I see no problem, since you already receive much of that info from your box/container/paperwork. Remember as the new owner of the firearm you should always exercise your right to full disclosure on your purchase and request a print out or record of such info from HK or whomever you've purchased it from for your verification. Just like the 2A it's your right to privacy that you're protecting and that should never be taken for granted.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yanked mine. I don't have any way to program data in it so it's worthless. Be advised is it absolutely possible to track these weapons ANYWHERE they go by those who DO have the equipment to read them. Borders crossings, toll roads, highways, airport baggage systems, stores, etc., etc., etc. I would think they at least have the model and serial number programmed into them.

Imagine walking anywhere and someone INSTANTLY know you are armed, and what model TI ate carrying, no matter how concealed it is.

That is EXACTLY what RFID itechnology s for- remote, precise "inventory/accounting" purposes.

Yank it and throw it as far as you can.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Pulled my RFID chip and now my gun wont fire. Now what?!?!

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
So does this chip come only on US made guns, or imported USP's too. Would a USP dated AF have this chip? GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I don't like the idea of others being able to gather info about me or my stuff without my consent. So on principle, I'd pluck it and chuck it.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts