HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I just a Rheinmetall bolt group from a friend of mine and noticed that there aren't any markings on the bolt itself. And I can't think of ever reading anything about the Bolt being marked, is this correct? Oh and the locking piece also has no markings except for 393 which is electro stenciled from what I guess the original rifle, thanks

James

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rheinmetall manufactured G3 rifles and magazines were marked with a circled diamond, maybe the bolt has a similar marking. Not sure though as I've never seen one first hand.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my carrier is marked Logo 06/64 but the bolt is what I'd like to know more about. It has no markings on it at all, is this normal for Rhinemetall bolts?

·
Registered
485 Posts
The book full circle states that the standard marking locations on the bolt were on the left side (opposite the ejection port). These markings would consist of the makers initials or logo, month and year of manufacture and the acceptance (proof) mark. On the bottom there would be the last 3 digits of the serial number. This was applicable for both H&K and Rheinmetall. This is per the TDv 1005/--5-12 Technical Service Instruction aka Technische Dienstvorschrift, which is the German military "bible" for the G3 rifle.

Your bolt could be made by any of the licensees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts