HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing more G3 mags. Up to now I have always bought HK mags, but am considering Rhinemetall mags this time around. Are these the equal of HK, better or worse? I understand the bolt carriers from Rhinemetall are superior in that they were one piece; is there any similar superiority with their mags? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would expect that anything Rhinemetal would be army contract and of very high quality. If I may ask, what is your source as I would be interested in some.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert at http://www.robertrtg.com/g3.html is the place I was planning to buy. You can also find good new and used mags at CDNN, but they are pricier than RTG. I have bought once before from him and would definitely recommend him. He has both HK (new 5 pack box for $40) and Rhinemetal mags (10 mags new in box for $75) at very reasonable prices. You can obviously buy cheaper used mags (10 for $19), these prices are for unissued mags.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a couple of the steel G3 rheinmetall mags. The floorplate is not held in place by the pin (no hole), it is more of a snap fit. I find these too difficult to disassemble for cleaning. The alloy mags may be different. Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts