HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I work at a local gunstore in South Florida, & was at a competitor's store checking out a used HK USP 45 C no box 3 mags AD gun I heard he had, but my highest offer was $550, but the manager wanted $600 + tax. On the way out, a fellow tapped me on the shoulder and asks what I could afford to pay. He is a customer of our store as well. He tells me he has a USP 45C unfired gun from the store we were in. [ it was unfired] We settled on $725, & he brought the gun to my shop later on. I fired 10 shots, & it's real sweet. BA gun. So this will be my carry gun. I now have the dilema, do I sell the HK 45 USP full size which sits by the bed at night, & hardly gets shot, or do I keep them both? I know lot's of people have several HK pistols, but if the full size gun just sits, I could just have the 45C gun which I'd carry every day at work selling guns. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sell that USP .45 full-size to save up for an HK45C and you're all set. :wink:
Tough call it's hard to beat a USP but if you have your heart set on a HK45c then go for it, if you can swing it money wise save and buy both.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I wouldn't sell your USP for another compact... what's the strategy in that? Fullsize guns have there place along with compacts and sub compacts. I vote carry your USPc and use the fullsize USP for a nightstand gun or put it in your truck/car for a rainy day. When it comes to HK's the more the merrier...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I was questioning is should I sell the fullsize gun & only have the USP compact I just got as my only HK gun? Should I keep the fullsize which will probably just sit by the bed, & hardly ever get shot? Had the guy yesterday had a HK45C instead of a USP compact, I wouldn't have done the deal, as I'm not fond of the HK45C. I'm not really a collector, so if I don't really use a gun much, I don't keep it. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keep the full size. I promise you will regret selling it. I speak from experience. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
It would be hard as hell for me to sell any of my HK's!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I wouldn't sell your USP for another compact... what's the strategy in that? Fullsize guns have there place along with compacts and sub compacts. I vote carry your USPc and use the fullsize USP for a nightstand gun or put it in your truck/car for a rainy day. When it comes to HK's the more the merrier...
+1

Good post, amstaff. :) This approach makes sense to me.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
^This for sure!

·
Registered
854 Posts
speaking from my experience...the .45ACPs are the ones that are gettin hard to find (around these parts anyhow) and have seemed to me to be a "no ?s asked" value-holder...This is from a guy with 2 .40s who has been looking for a full-size OR compact USP in .45 for like 2 years ( in the area...I don't do Online unless its here:150000:)

Keep it...just in case...worse comes to worse you can raise some quiiiiiiick $$ if need arises

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Do you have a need for the money? If you don't really need the money right now I would say keep it. The USP45 is a fantastic pistol and a perfect nightstand gun. If I didn't have to get rid of it, I wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Sell the full-size, but use the money for a USP45 Expert. :wink:

That's about the only USP I want to buy, and also the only .45 pistol I would buy.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I have sold one HK and still regret selling it. One of the first USP .40 caliber's in the country serial number 22-141. Damn, I still remember the serial number.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts