HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a Rim Country MFG. MP5K 3lug PDW Stainless steel barrel on my HK SP89 and the fit,finish and function was 100% excellent. The
3 lug flash hider fit was snug but not too tight-perfect fit. I was very impressed with the overall quality of the barrel. Mike from Rim Country gave me fast and friendly service.

If any of you guys or girls are planning to build up a HK clone don't hesitate to check out some of barrels, bolts and other parts they have on their website.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They're friends of one of my good friends. They build tripods for the shop he works at. I'm going to see if they're willing to make a threaded P7M8 barrel for me since the factory ones are few and far between and pretty expensive. I've always been very impressed by the stuff they make whenever I see it in the shop.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're friends of one of my good friends. They build tripods for the shop he works at. I'm going to see if they're willing to make a threaded P7M8 barrel for me since the factory ones are few and far between and pretty expensive. I've always been very impressed by the stuff they make whenever I see it in the shop.
Can they make polygonal rifled barrels like the HK P7M8? Hey I want one THread P7M8 barrel too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got one of their short run of the 16" 1/7 barrels for my HK-33 build. :350:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I got one of their short run of the 16" 1/7 barrels for my HK-33 build. :350:
Mike may still have one of those barrels left if anyone is interested in a 1/7 twist barrel for a 93 series rifle. Other than RCM it can be difficult to locate one with that kind of twist.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Sorry guys. All the 93 1 in 7's are gone. Still have a few 53's

You guys ever think of looking into a 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 barrels for HKs?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You guys ever think of looking into a 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 barrels for HKs?
Shattered Mind

I asked Mike about making me a few 7.62x39 barrels. He said I would have to buy 100 barrels. I just e-mailed him tonight to see if he would flute a couple 7.62x39 barrels if I could have some custom made, sell me some tooling, or tell me where I could have some tooling made? I would like to make a couple more prototypes for my magwell converter. Gilliebear has my first prototype. I want to do some testing for a drum fed 91, but can't get anymore barrels anywhere. I will have to wait and see what Mike says. When he responds, I'll post it.

HART1

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Hart, you CAN flute your AK barrels by hand. I have pics of a jig a guy made and he used it and fluted an AK barrel for me... no charge!!

He's in the sandbox right now, but probably checking into this site now and then... Give me a day or two and I'll email the pics to you.

Hmmm, just noticed ... post 1,234. Time to buy a lotto ticket.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hart, you CAN flute your AK barrels by hand. I have pics of a jig a guy made and he used it and fluted an AK barrel for me... no charge!!

He's in the sandbox right now, but probably checking into this site now and then... Give me a day or two and I'll email the pics to you.

Hmmm, just noticed ... post 1,234. Time to buy a lotto ticket.
Shattered Mind,

We need to talk!!!!!!!!! I will be waiting to hear back from you. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

HART1

·
Registered
321 Posts
Shattered Mind

I asked Mike about making me a few 7.62x39 barrels. He said I would have to buy 100 barrels. I just e-mailed him tonight to see if he would flute a couple 7.62x39 barrels if I could have some custom made, sell me some tooling, or tell me where I could have some tooling made? I would like to make a couple more prototypes for my magwell converter. Gilliebear has my first prototype. I want to do some testing for a drum fed 91, but can't get anymore barrels anywhere. I will have to wait and see what Mike says. When he responds, I'll post it.

HART1
Good luck getting a response from him, I asked him to sell me some parts that he DOES make and he didn't even return an email. ( yes it is a valid email address)
I guess him looking for a G8 Drum and not returning my email is sorta Karma. :)
Opps, wrong Mike, my bad.
NoHair

1 - 16 of 16 Posts