HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello out there to the forum members. I guess the word is out that we make hk parts. We do. And we also make alot of other parts in the gun business. I could go on and on about how we got started but the end result is the same. We are not affiliated with no one else. The website shows what we have made in the past and we will add new things in the future. We have sold alot of parts prior to the website and have had no problems with customer satisfaction. We are open to all suggestions on what you guys are in need of. Barrels seem to be the top item. I know alot of people feel that if its not genuine hk its junk. I know first hand that our products exceed the hk standards. By reverse engineering there parts in lots, i have found a varience dimensionaly due to where the part was manufactured. As most of us know not all hk parts are machined in the same factory. This leaves room for quality control issues. Most of the variations don't alter the performance of the part as long as the person building the gun knows what to look for. Any how our parts are the same. All our parts are made in our shop. I hope you have questions and visit our website www.rimcountrymfg.com. And for those of you who have used our products, let the people know how you like it. We have nothing to hide. Thanks for the intrest

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rimcountry Mfg,
Thanks for stepping up and working to supply our community with quality parts. We appreciate your efforts. Best wishes in your business.

Are you able to turn and flute a douglass blank to MSG-90 specs?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice to know

I saw someone's post w/ your website linked to it and I must say, I'm glad someone is out there taking a chance at providing HK parts built in the US. I have not had any experience using any of your products but I wouldn't hesitate to try one out is the need arises. I know there is a small market out there but if you could duplicate HK barrels specifically for the P7 series (M8, M10, M13 and PSP) that is extended and threaded, i know you'll have people lining up to get it. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of a UMP9 bolt and barrel personally if you should ever produce these. More power to your company and hope that with increased demand, you can get a decent return on your investment :) .

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I just tried to order some parts and the site declined the card. There's an error on their web site. The message states my card was declined because the CID code was wrong, yet it does not require the code in the order form. I just got off the phone with the bank and my card is good.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
With no company info (address, etc.) the site looks like a scam. You guys should do a little more work on that.

I realize that the site might be new but it needs a little more authentic look/feel to it.

Oh, and thanks for being another source of parts for our toys.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I surely hope this is another source of parts for us but does the bad grammar remind you of someone?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
JFK

What parts did you try to order? We look forward to your update after you receive them. I bet their MP5SD barrels would draw alot of interest from board members.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I put in a small order for parts (locking piece, trunion, etc.) to get a feel for quality and delivery time.

If you log on to their site and look at the order format, there is no spot to include the CID number (the three digit code on the back of the credit card). I'm guessing my card was declined because the CID slot was left out of the order form.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Change made to shopping cart

Due to human error, mine. there was a mistake on our shoppng cart setup. its fixed and hopefully my grammar and checkout page won't hinder you from our products. sorry guys. this webstuff is new to me but we are learning fast.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Okay. I just tried the web site again and the order was accepted. I hope the parts are as good as they look on the site.

*****Mike from Rim Country just gave me a phone call and I had the pleasure to speak with him about several ideas.******

#1: It sounds like Murray Urbach has competition. Rim Country will chamber and flute barrels. No more 3-4 year wait on getting barrels chamber fluted from Murray. Barrel blanks can be sent to Rim Country and they will chamber and flute them.

They will include your barrel during their production run. The cost is vvveerrry reasonable. I'm sure if there's an interest in a group buy on a certain barrel (profile, length, barrel twist), Mike can do the work.

One off custom jobs are different. They will chamber and flute the barrel. The rest of the work will have to be sent to your local gunsmith or machine shop for final barrel profiling.

#2: Mike told me Rim Country is a metal working machine shop. They supply other manufacturers with parts. Some of the names he told me are well known.

#3: My order will probably be packed and sent out today. I should get it within a few days.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I got a package from Rim Country yesterday. They are legit and the parts look exactly like the ones on their website. Thanks to Mike S. at Rim Country. I bought the SD locking piece and the SD trunion among other things. BIG THANKS!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Sweet!!! Thanks alot for keeping us informed about this company I have a feeling I will be getting some stuff from them eventually. The barrel chambering and fluting service sounds very exciting.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks for the report jfk.

If the parts look good to you that's certainly a positive!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm itching to get the flutes done on some Hart Barrels I bought but he said "Sorry, We only offer this service when we are set up for it on a production run. We did this in January and have no idea when it will be offered again." (I got this reply to my email a few weeks ago). Does anyone know when they're going to be setup to do .308 again? Can we get enough people together that need barrel chambering done to ask for a run for us? Ideas anyone?

Leadthrower

·
Registered
14 Posts
He chambered and fluted my douglas air gauged premium barrel for a psg1 trunnion. I also bought a regular g3 trunnion from him. I will buy more. He has great service.
Lloyd

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
How about just fluting? I can handle all the rest, chambering, crowning, outside contouring, etc.

It's the fluting that's a challenge. I had a buddy flute an AK barrel BY HAND for me, because Urbach is just 100% unreachable and this will eventually be a HK 52K... but another idea has popped up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts