HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short, I have been in LONG talks with RKS USA over an order I have been waiting for since July of 2021 that has been repeatedly pushed back further and further. I also have a recent order from March 2022 for items they had in stock and in hand which also never shipped.

I have been patient....very patient. I have been professional when talking to them. But as time has gone on, and the more I have been lied to, I increasingly became frustrated and I finally reached a point where I made some very mild comments about them on their facebook (which they've arguably fully earned) and they banned me, censored me, and emailed me saying they are cancelling my orders because of "insult on social media".

RKS has such a low threshold for "insult". If they are going to operate in such a shady and deceptive way, they should be able to handle off comments from upset patrons that question their business practice instead of resorting to censorship and banning (they've censored me in the past but don't have screenshots of it, but they weren't even insults, just stuff like "where's my several month old order")

For them to take a customers money for nearly a year with no information or updates to let them know what's going on (except when you hunt them down and pester them for info) is extremely poor way of treating your customers. The deceptive "in stock" items when they're really backorder and the perpetually push back of delivery dates is really scummy. I understand legitimate reasons such as export issues and COVID, but they still aren't handling things well.

They say they are refunding me but I'll believe it when I see it.

(edit- was able to charge back both my orders, surprisingly the older one went easier than the newer, but we'll see. I won't get the money for a few billing cycles on that one)

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Electric blue Darkness
Light Screenshot Font Electric blue Electronic device

Azure Blue Purple Font Screenshot
Computer Purple Font Personal computer Display device

Product Font Screenshot Technology Software
Font Rectangle Software Multimedia Screenshot
Font Astronomical object Science Circle Logo

·
Registered
292 Posts
My recent experience from RK USA is similar. I ordered in MAR of 2020 and the items were delivered in JAN 2021. I did send several emails and received a response promptly every time. They did miss a few estimated shipment dates, but did follow up with an email. I will give them another chance due to the Covid and US Postal issues in the US Customs warehouse. If you need something now, I call verify it is in stock in the USA not in Spain, or enroute.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I also had a similar experience and their business practice is borderline absurd. It shouldn’t take 5 months to issue a refund nor should it took two months to ship an order they even say is “really in stock” and they will fulfill right away. I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten the “oh it’s going out” and then not hear anything for 3 weeks, then me pimp them, and then get the “oh I’m sorry there must have been a mix up, it’s going out now” with no tracking and the process repeats itself. Yes, I have received items after a year from them in the past. And they did send me one of 2 refunds, but they forgot to issue me the other one and I’m still waiting to see how that resolves. And yes, I did once tell folks too to be patient with them. But if you are going to do the patient game you might as well call HK and just place a backorder with them instead and wait those years. I can’t recommend RKUSA anymore and I strongly suggest anyone stay away. It’s way too painful.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't understand why they say they have items in stock when they don't. Get the items in first then post that they are in stock!
That's (supposedly) what they did with the selectors I ordered at the beginning of march. They posted a photo of a pile of them so I reasonably assumed that meant they have them, and according to them "they shipped them all already". Well that's all except mine apparently. Scumbag company.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had extremely poor interactions with them on two separate occasions. I even made sure that both orders were for items that were listed as "in stock." Nope. Months went by with multiple attempts at contacting them. Never again.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
I have never ordered from RKS, but I have heard the horror stories about item’s taking forever, regardless of what their in stock says.
infact, I have heard “buy now…. Get it in a year”!
What I have never heard is…. They scammed or robbed someone.

Everyone, I’m sure, on this site, have heard about RKS slow deliver because of whatever reason, so what’s the problem? You already know you will eventually get what you ordered… maybe it will take 2 years… yea, I have heard that as well. Yet people still place orders knowing how they are.

I’m not defending them or throw criticism towards anyone here, but the fact remains, you knew.
Personally, I am way too impatient after I pay my money and absolutely refuse to wait for anything, so I would probably never order from them. Maybe that’s why I pay more for What I want.

No offense meant to anyone.
M.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I ordered an extended bolt release for my SL8 on the 24th of Feb, and it shipped on the 25th USPS . I got it on the 27th ..
I ordered my extended release in November after asking if it was actually in stock (told it was). Didn’t get it until the 27th as well. I’d be curious if anyone actually received them prior to when we got them. For me, I just wanted for them to be straight-forward on the status of stock items. If they don’t know - fine, but don’t charge today for an item that isn’t in stock nor has an ETA.

·
Banned
457 Posts
They aren’t lying about the EU laws and it requiring more time or the Covid stuff. When you order the correct way, you’re in for a long wait but not their wait times. They do have a shady practice of listing items marked “in stock” when they are not in stock in the US. The only time an item they have is in stock is when they’ll post an actual picture on Facebook saying they’re in stock, like the G36 releases or DD rails.

Last time I ordered from them was back in 2020 and received the item late 2021. I totally forgot I even ordered it. They’ll give you you’re money back though.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They aren’t lying about the EU laws and it requiring more time or the Covid stuff. When you order the correct way, you’re in for a long wait but not their wait times. They do have a shady practice of listing items marked “in stock” when they are not in stock in the US. The only time an item they have is in stock is when they’ll post an actual picture on Facebook saying they’re in stock, like the G36 releases or DD rails.

Last time I ordered from them was back in 2020 and received the item late 2021. I totally forgot I even ordered it. They’ll give you you’re money back though.
I understand the EU issues and whatnot and knew that was going to be a long wait after how many times they kept pushing it back. My second order was parts they posted about on Facebook and they still managed to take a month (and of course never ship because this situation precipitated)

I don't believe they will give me my money, especially with how they responded to me, or if they do it will be done in the same manner as their delivery time on orders, in measurement of years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I get the frustration. I’m in a multi month wait on an optic which should arrive this month but I won’t hold my breath. However I also ordered an extended G36 mag release which shipped next day and got to me another day after that. In the future I’ll be more wary of preorder and in stock statuses

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
They're 2 isssues going on here . The main was is saying they have stock which it's apparent in a lot of cases that they don't . Booking an order that way is bull**** . Now , another BIG problem in ordering from HK is you don't have a ****ing clue when you will get your order ! A friend of mine just recently cancelled a butt load of orders going back T H I R T E E N YEARS ! When RKS or anybody else orders from HK , they really don't have a clue when they will come in .

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I get the arguments about waiting for delivery of an item and you should know that going in. But there is ZERO excuses to say we will issue you a refund and it takes 5 months to get a check and then not even refund both orders. Sorry. No excuses. I’m tired of them constantly saying we are on it, weeks go by, then I have to hit them up again to hear the same thing. That’s horrible.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
They're are 2 isssues going on here . The main was is saying they have stock which it's apparent in a lot of cases that they don't . Booking an order that way is bull**** . Now , another BIG problem in ordering from HK is you don't have a ****ing clue when you will get your order ! A friend of mine just recently cancelled a butt load of orders going back T H I R T E E N YEARS ! When RKS or anybody else orders from HK , they really don't have a clue when they will come in .
This. While not as extreme as 13 years, it took HK a year to fill a small parts order for me which was just an extractor plus the springs and pins. What @Guyanaman1963 said is real; they aren't scamming people. They are at the mercy of multiple bureaucracies, and everyone assumes it is a simple matter to get a straight answer out of any of the players. It would appear their inventory system isn't real time, so there will be deferred maintenance in such a system. Asking them if something is in stock prior to ordering will more than likely resolve any unwanted delays.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
This. While not as extreme as 13 years, it took HK a year to fill a small parts order for me which was just an extractor plus the springs and pins. What @Guyanaman1963 said is real; they aren't scamming people. They are at the mercy of multiple bureaucracies, and everyone assumes it is a simple matter to get a straight answer out of any of the players. It would appear their inventory system isn't real time, so there will be deferred maintenance in such a system. Asking them if something is in stock prior to ordering will more than likely resolve any unwanted delays.
while I do not defend RKS in any way shape or form and am black balled by them, I believe they stated on here that when they claim in stock, it can be here or in EU. The owner is in Spain, an airline pilot IIRC. He brought his wife and now maybe another relative to Fla to operate the USA side after parting ways with his past US partner who accused him on here of starving him of inventory to force him out.

if the parts are in stock in Spain, he probably still has to file that paperwork to export. But who the £uck really knows... 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I’ve ordered parts from them several times. I definitely agree that lead times are long and that delivery times for items marked “in stock” are longer than me would expect. That being said, they’ve delivered the parts I’ve ordered every time. Maybe I’m too patient, but I can certainly understand your frustration.

·
Priest of the P7
5,699 Posts
I have no dog in this fight and didn't even know this company existed, so I feel suited to offer an objective opinion.
While it is true that ordering parts from the likes of Oberndorf and waiting for anything to be exported from the overly regulated mess that is the EU and imported into our own overly regulated mess is going to be an unpredictably and lengthy affair, that makes transparency all the more important.

"In stock" means that you have an item in hand and it is ready to ship to a customer in a reasonable amount of time for order processing, packaging, and shipping. It doesn't mean "we're getting it at some point" or "they filled our order and it will be here to us some time in the future" or whatever.

If you are offering something on your website and the wait time is going to be unpredictable and likely very long, then you convey that in no uncertain terms and then it's on the customer and any of their complaints are just impatience and bad manners.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts