HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
How do you know they are made from G3 back plates? It doesn't indicate in the ad.
I ordered the $99 version for my 33E and can't tell any difference compared to the suplus part on my 33k. The stock has no markings as to origin but as Slinger mentioned, probably POF. Lots of Roberts stuff is and I like it just fine. Usually half the price of HK and just as good in my experience so far.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was informed by email that they are cut for them by another company. I dont care about that was just wondering if the stock was pof made.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If they are cut then whoever is doing the cutting is doing a great job. To be 100% honest though, I think Robert should indicate in his ad that the parts are modified G3 parts. Miffs me just a bit that I bought a cut part while thinking otherwise.

Was it "another company" that informed you they were cut, or did RTG tell you via email they were cut for RTG by "another company"?

·
Vendor
6,915 Posts
We sell Robert this product the machinists that we use does a phenomenal job . We hope to be coming out with more product .I did not see in Roberts listing 's where he stated they were HK we hope that you enjoyed them for the price and hope to bring more to you guys I seen this listing while out of town and wanted to post to clarify

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
We sell Robert this product the machinists that we use does a phenomenal job . We hope to be coming out with more product .I did not see in Roberts listing 's where he stated they were HK we hope that you enjoyed them for the price and hope to bring more to you guys I seen this listing while out of town and wanted to post to clarify
No, he does not imply that they are HK and that's fine with me. They could be whatever, the surplus market is what it is. It would be nice if he'd indicate they are cut down G3 parts though. To leave out that info seems to me to be an attempt to hide the fact that they are not original 33 parts but rather cut down G3 parts.
Either way, however, the part is a nice one. I couldn't tell the difference and had no idea until it was brought up here but I thought it was a given that the parts were original 33 parts. The ad does not say otherwise and that simple omission is wrong because the ad calls the parts HK93 parts, a lie. They fit the HK33/53/93, sure, but that's the end of the truth.

Look, I don't want to sound ungrateful that the part is out there and is of good quality because of the effort of GB and RTG to bring them to the market. I was suprised to find that a part I bought thinking it was original (HK or contract) was actually a modified part. That's all. I'm guessing a few others will be suprised by the fact also, something Robert may want to think about when it comes to the credibility of his company.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I kinda have to agree with shooter on this one. It's fine and dandy to mod parts to fit your gun. I think especially in the HK clone business, we're all used to doing that. Just come out and say it is what I think shooter is saying. Don't say it's one thing when really its another. Having owned a gb product, I have complete and utter confidence in anything Jeff puts his name behind. Just let folks know they are modded G3 parts. I'd still be down to buy it. Just better informed.

·
Vendor
714 Posts
It would be nice if he'd indicate they are cut down G3 parts though.
We'll update the page next time we're making website updates and list PCS as the manufacturer. We may possibly link to the products numerous positive feedbacks on this forum too.

When I made that page and typed the text the 93 end caps we got from Jeff were totally different than HK... nobody would have thought they were original HK93 production. That combined with the fact that these were so well documented on HKpro; I never thought it was an issue at the time.

Now though the product has changed to a near perfect reproduction. I should have changed the text when we swapped out the pictures showing the latest version.

Thanks again Jeff and Blackwing for making such a fabulous product. We are really proud to offer these for sale.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Does it make a difference if it's a cut down G3 or an original 93/33? In reality, HK cut down the G3 to fit the 93/33 or did they just use plastic stocks? Would it be better had the HK saw cut it off over a guy in Oklahoma? It is still the beloved HK part and German steel...

I'm beside myself why a bunch of guys with clone guns can have a second thought about something so minor as an end cap. Sorry if this offends, but in all seriousness, do you feel cheated now that you realize HK used plastic stocks on their 33's and someone decided to offer more stock options with a cut down metal cap...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have one and its awesome It lets me use a wood stock on my mp5. I really don't care where it comes from, Thanks Guys

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We'll update the page next time we're making website updates and list PCS as the manufacturer. We may possibly link to the products numerous positive feedbacks on this forum too.

When I made that page and typed the text the 93 end caps we got from Jeff were totally different than HK... nobody would have thought they were original HK93 production. That combined with the fact that these were so well documented on HKpro; I never thought it was an issue at the time.

Now though the product has changed to a near perfect reproduction. I should have changed the text when we swapped out the pictures showing the latest version.

Thanks again Jeff and Blackwing for making such a fabulous product. We are really proud to offer these for sale.
Ohh I totally agree with you these are good. I was just wondering was not a big issue at all. In fact I just wanted to know becuase someone asked me and I had no answer simple as that. Thanks for the great product. In fact I like this product cuase it allowed me to add a heavy buffer and a rubber buttpad all for 240 which hkparts original sells for 300. So in the end I saved money for the same look. In fact I shot my hk93 reword jeff at a freinds farm today and my god his wife wanted to purchase it ont he spot as she wants a very low recoil .223. His son is in the army and ron was in vietnam for a couple years and both fell in love with it. They all loved the pws comp on it in combo with the model 2 hensoldt scope. I was hitting nice groups with them at about 250 feet. Of course ron did the best out of us all. Well what im saying is it was a damn good stock and am 100 percent happy with it and think anyone wanted a good stock should get it from roberts just wanted a little more info is all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Does it make a difference if it's a cut down G3 or an original 93/33? In reality, HK cut down the G3 to fit the 93/33 or did they just use plastic stocks? Would it be better had the HK saw cut it off over a guy in Oklahoma? It is still the beloved HK part and German steel...

I'm beside myself why a bunch of guys with clone guns can have a second thought about something so minor as an end cap. Sorry if this offends, but in all seriousness, do you feel cheated now that you realize HK used plastic stocks on their 33's and someone decided to offer more stock options with a cut down metal cap...
Not sure how you came to the conclusion you did but im happy with mine as stated in the earlier reply someone asked me who made it and I honestly did not know. The person is a freind and I told them I would find out as they were interested and did not have internet. Also some people maybe do care if its original and so what if they do, I however do not as I have one that just came in the mail. I just wanted to know if the plastic was pof made as I have a pof made plastic grip for my metal lower.

If they are cut then whoever is doing the cutting is doing a great job. To be 100% honest though, I think Robert should indicate in his ad that the parts are modified G3 parts. Miffs me just a bit that I bought a cut part while thinking otherwise.

Was it "another company" that informed you they were cut, or did RTG tell you via email they were cut for RTG by "another company"?
I believe jeff answerd this question for you, everything I stated is fact and I would not spread false information. Again the focus was not the plate but the plastic.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Yes, Jeff answered the question, nobody accused you of spreading false info, and I'm glad you got your question about the plastic answered. As I said, I bought the $99 assembly and it's perfect for my purposes. Robert has answered in the thread and in my eyes has proven he's an upstanding guy. My problem isn't with the cut down G3 part, it was with not knowing I was buying a cut down G3 part. Robert is going to address that. AFAIC, all is well!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Probably POF
+1

I have one of these stocks. It's functional and it looks ok but it's not real HK. The stippling is uneven. Mine has smooth spots in some places. It's still a very good stock for the money.

If you worried about compliance parts just buy the back plate and buffer. Then order yourself a stock from PTR.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you worried about compliance parts just buy the back plate, then order yourself a stock from PTR.
This ^^.

The end plates are just fine, no matter what the origin. The parked version especially, as it allows you to finish it to suit your gun's texture. When sprayed with Brownell's Aluma-hyde II satin black, it matches the Vector black exactly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts