HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than $950 for an HK45. Maybe $1000 if seller won't budge. Panic buying is subsiding fast and you're not going to get a bunch of people clamoring to buy a $1000 handgun. Well, besides on this site :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to the guy on Armslist. Decent guy and said he would probably take 1000 and would show me the receipt from the local gun store. He said it was fit and an impulse decision that is going to cost him the taxes on the gun. He said the price was 1100 plus tax.

Spoke to the wife and she said the only way I could drop another grand is if I sell my SP89. Not gonna happen. Looks like the thread may be better off jacked.

Thanks,
S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, yea I know. She actually has no clue that in the last month I have purchased two Daniel Defense V5's, one in 300 blackout and one in .223, Glock 34, and a XDm Compact in 9mm, Remington Versamax Tactical, and a UTAS-15. My poker money got low and thought I would have to raid the family account and I mentioned it to her, yep mistake.

Im trying to buy an m82a1 by Barett but I am going to roll it into a forclosure purchase....you know, cost of supplies to fix it up. Well see since I am still waiting on the bid. Why do I need a .50 I have been asked. Well, simply because I can. Why do I need a 55" TV, same reason.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was at Shot Show this year as I have been for the last 10 years and every time Ronnie Barett sees me he says, "You know Im still making the guns that get the job done!" He seems to be giving his son the reigns to the company, especially in the smaller arms. He showed me some new AR's and a .338 that were amazing. The cool part is that they use components made to withstand .50 in guns that are shooting .223 and 338. Too bad the 338 ammo is more expensive now than .50.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did some work in an area full of sand and rock. Happened to be on site where one our finest Marine snipers took out a high level AQ leader. It looked like a giant used a 6 inch lead pipe and split him from head to groin. never seen anything like it. The shot was about 115 yards. That is one example that debunks the argument for caliber vs. quantity. A 338 or 308 could have done it but not with as much flair. It also scared the crud out of the locals. What the most dangerous weapon.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.