HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here from Oklahoma. Been around guns my whole life and also own quite a few. I have always loved HK weapons and especially the Hk UMP and i have recently decided i want to build one. I have done quite a bit of researching and determined i still am not quite sure that i know everything i need to know.

From what i can gather i can buy a Hk Ump parts kit that come with everything less the actual receiver correct? If im not correct someone please educate me. Also i know before i complete the gun if i have a short barrel i will need to file the gun as an sbr. Is the upper receiver/Usc conversion the only part i need to complete a complete parts kit to build the firearm? any help would be appreciated as im looking to build within the next month. Also is there anywhere to get a receiver yet? i have seen a few rumors of a couple vendor who may have/had them but cannot get a reply from any of them on the issue. Is it still limited to just buying a USC and converting it for now or what?

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you are looking for a receiver.. HDPS makes an aluminum receiver..

HOMELAND DEFENSE AND POLICE SUPPLY CORP.
Website said:
NEW - USC/UMP ALLOY UPPER RECEIVERS

Sales will resume once we completely move to new installations
I wonder when they'll the be available. I was under the assumption that those were vaporware, but I hadn't been watching too closely since I first head of those coming out ( a few years ago )

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Welcome to the site! Unless the parts kit is a super cheap deal, I bet you can find the individual parts yourself cheaper as potentially in new condition. A lot of parts kits are $1000+ and may have stuff you don't need, depending on which direction you go. For instance, if it has a rear stub and .40 bolt and you are going stock block .45 only, then you don't need those, though you could probably sell what you don't need separately.

I still think a USC or even buying an already converted gun is probably the best route, you have to be patient and quick but people hit hard times, or decide they want something else, and let them go at decent prices.

I have seen some recent chatter posting about the prexis par amp aluminum receiver but so far I haven't seen anyone who has built one, just that same ar15.com for sale ad, but I haven't seen any reviews from known pros who have first hand experience on it. Hopefully some more info will come out.

Otherwise Michael's machines had those unmarked HK receiver builds.

Shockwave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts