HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After years of checking out this forum and the great information within it I decided to join up and network with some of you gun people. I'll keep it short but I wanted to say hello to you HK pros and I hope to learn some things. I recently moved to the gun capital of the US known as California and I must say ... these politicians love their guns. Ah all kidding aside I grew up in Michigan and moved to Pittsburgh for school. After graduating college I moved here in Costa Mesa (10months ago) and I'm loving what this state offers.

Anyways I just got my HSC today and I'm looking to purchase a brand new HK P2000. I'm still debating between V2 and V3 but I'm hoping to find a range that has one to try out. I have heard about the gripes with the LEM trigger but is the heavy LEM to light LEM conversion illegal in CA? Also any siggestions on a variant if I'm leaning towards the .40 S&W?

Thanks guys and I'm glad to be here. Any suggestions and advice for a newbie are appreciated.

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why hello there! I am new here as well though have been lurking around and been familiar with this for an extended amount of time already. I have really started to take interest with HKs a while back but have not completely jumped over the scene for a number of reasons.

Aside from this though, I am very much interested with F1 and the great outdoors which in my opinion is a good combination altogether.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey hucrie,

When I was little F1 was very interesting to my brother and I. Nigel Mansell was my brothers favorite and I liked Alain Prost... Ahhh the good old days. Anyways coming from MI and PA the great outdoors was a different experience than here in CA. I'm still wired to think that the weather won't permit certain activities, but here anything is possible. Besides personal defense/home defense for my reason to purchase a gun I actually want to have an extra activity to do. I've always wanted to own a handgun and this definitely is the perfect timing for one. I also truly believe that the 2nd ammendment is a blessing that most people don't really take seriously. I've shot different guns before and now I'm ready to own my own guns. I'm actually happy I waited this long (29) to purchase my own gun because this is an exciting step in my life. I always wondered what this gun addiction others spoke of but now I can attest to it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the site. A lot of folks here have a P2000. Use the advanced search and you should find the information you need.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already have started gathering the information I need by using that feature. Very helpful thanks.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the site--- good luck on what you acquire!!! :wink:

Tony
Thanks I'm actually having a hard time finding p2000s around here. I have found some but the variant and caliber aren't what I'm looking for. (V2 .40). A lot of the places have the SK model but the grip is too small for my hand so that's a no no in my book. Wish the p30 or hk45c were on the CA approved list.

·
Registered
120 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts