HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find an answer to this but wondered why the front of my recoil spring guide(USP-C 45) looks like you could put a standard screwdriver blade in it. Why?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Not sure but might be you can change the spring without buying a entire recoil assembly. Just a guess..I know some who change the weight in the spring. The entire RSA i think should last like 20,000 rds.

Expensive to replace but a spring i would think need's changed much more often. I shoot alot of +P ammo so i think i would ask HK or watch to see how far my brass was going before a spring change.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
No one knows?
Elijah, not many come in this part of the forum i just noticed you had a post here. Any word on your HK polymer missing from Travis(HK) today? That one guy on GT sure got hateful. Sad day's.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep-the guy was a real jerk. You meet all kinds on the Internet. Yes, I did hear back today from HK but before I could call Travis I got this email from Sam...

"I understand your concern, but I reiterate, Your pistol frame is completely
normal.
There are often variations and excess in the polymer during production that
have no affect on performance or function.
The ejector is a part of a larger steel insert built into the frame that
includes the rear slide rails and does not need polymer surrounding it to
function or to retain its position.
This is NOT a concern nor represent a need for repair to the frame.
Please rest assured this will not result in any negative affects,
performance or durability.

Respectfully"

So, I guess I just need to move on with this and just shoot it. I'd be lying if I said it didn't still bother me a little but, as he said in his email I'll get better.:wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that's it. I don't see it's function.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, it looks like you can't change out the recoil spring if you wanted to...that entails an expensive RSA sometime down the road.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
So, it looks like you can't change out the recoil spring if you wanted to...that entails an expensive RSA sometime down the road.
I think you can change the recoil spring. I believe Wolf make's some for the USP's. I have read that some put a heavier spring to shoot .45Super in their .45's. I'll see if a search can find anything...

·
Registered
571 Posts
It's not something I've ever done myself, but I believe I recall hearing that the end of that newer design can be squeezed a bit for removing/replacing the spring.

And as far as replacing it, a recoil assembly isn't all that expensive when you consider you'd have to shoot $5k-$9k+ worth (15k-25k+ rounds @ .35 cents each) of 230gr FMJ factory ammo at current prices to get it to the point that it needs replacing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts