HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The NFA review channel posted a quick video on their Facebook which shows the Rugged Obsidian 45 mounted on a Dakota Tactical MP5K RS and MP5 via the new Rugged 3 lug adapter.

The adapter is internal so the short configuration of the Obsidians looks nice and compact on the K gun. I just thought you guys may like to see it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've got one in the process(nfa jail) from silencer shop, still cant find the 3-lug adapter to buy or the 9mm end cap, cant wait, looks great, and i've only seen good comments about it

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got one in the process(nfa jail) from silencer shop, still cant find the 3-lug adapter to buy or the 9mm end cap, cant wait, looks great, and i've only seen good comments about it
I'm waiting on one too and I should have the stamp any day now. The adapters are not available for sale yet, but the are supposed to be going out VERY soon.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Hmmmmmm, mine should be around soon!! I wonder if the Griffin and SICO interface with the Rugged never thought to try or ask??

·
Registered
500 Posts
Me too! Do you really need the 9mm end cap though? Won't it work just fine with the .45?

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
I need 13.5x1 LH and 16x1LH pistons for my obsidian45 to go on HK45T and p30.

I bought an extra griffin 3-lug mount for the Obsidian as well. Works on my Octane9, so will work on obsidian.

Still, when rugged has one to sell, I will buy one.

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
365 Posts
I use a SilencerCo Octane 45, and shoot 9mm through it with a variety of hosts. I contacted SilencerCo about using a 9mm end cap and they recommend against it. They've seen end cap strikes with the smaller diameter cap on a .45 can. You can argue that it shouldn't happen, but at least with direct thread, things come loose sometimes, and occasionally wobble. The minimal benefit didn't seem worth the risk of a buggered can.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I need 13.5x1 LH and 16x1LH pistons for my obsidian45 to go on HK45T and p30.

I bought an extra griffin 3-lug mount for the Obsidian as well. Works on my Octane9, so will work on obsidian.

Still, when rugged has one to sell, I will buy one.
Silencerco pistons work. I'm still waiting until late August for rugged to sell theirs. That's when they said they'd be restocked.

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Yes, the silencerco pistons will work, I just wanted the pistons without the unnecessary groove. Might/should reduce blowback.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Indeed! Thanks for the post. Yeah I have a prototype version, it's done they are just waiting on custom springs for it. They should be releasing it asap! Most of you know I provide photos Rugged and other companies out there so I'll share these here to give you a better look at the 3-lug.

I will say this is the most solid 3 lug mount I've ever used. I don't know if this is a internal vs external thing but there is ZERO wobble. I've had issues with Gemtech and Silencerco (both external) 3-lug wobbling on my 9mm Glock mag SBR's barrel. The Obsidian mount is SOLID. If I had to guess, this has to do with the way the piston inside is machined. It seems the internal type 3-lugs have more surface area surrounding the 3-lug barrel once inside.

I like the 9mm endcap. The Obsidian didn't exhibit any increased port pop and shooting the full length setup on a G17 wet with the 9mm endcap was a religious experience lol. I shoot cans every other day and I was taken aback. That being said.... don't forget to swap the endcap back when moving to a 45 host! DOH!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Indeed! Thanks for the post. Yeah I have a prototype version, it's done they are just waiting on custom springs for it. They should be releasing it asap! Most of you know I provide photos Rugged and other companies out there so I'll share these here to give you a better look at the 3-lug.

I will say this is the most solid 3 lug mount I've ever used. I don't know if this is a internal vs external thing but there is ZERO wobble. I've had issues with Gemtech and Silencerco (both external) 3-lug wobbling on my 9mm Glock mag SBR's barrel. The Obsidian mount is SOLID. If I had to guess, this has to do with the way the piston inside is machined. It seems the internal type 3-lugs have more surface area surrounding the 3-lug barrel once inside.

I like the 9mm endcap. The Obsidian didn't exhibit any increased port pop and shooting the full length setup on a G17 wet with the 9mm endcap was a religious experience lol. I shoot cans every other day and I was taken aback. That being said.... don't forget to swap the endcap back when moving to a 45 host! DOH!
Thanks for showing up and giving us a first hand account!

While I've got you here I have a quick question that I haven't been able to get an answer to. Will Silencerco fixed barrel spacers work with the Obsidian?

My Obsidian stamp will arrive any day now and I really want to run it on my UMP conversion with a 16X1 LH M threaded barrel. However, I have been told that Rugged will not making a mixed mount in that thread pitch or a fixed barrel spacer of there own. I have been dying to figure this out, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
I have been researching for my 9mm and 10mm clones. I had pretty much decided on this suppressor. It looks great on the k. I'm definitely going to buy one.
Just called Silencer Shop , they said they should have these back in stock within 30-60 days.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts