HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread, I saw what I thought was a reference to a possible HK plan to start offering the 45C with a tan frame? The post was discussing another area and this was just mentioned, with NO details, etc. So now you know as much as I do.

So, did I mis-read it, is he dreaming, or what?

· Vendor
7,526 Posts
In response to the community, there has been talk of it for quite some time. It will happen in both the 45 and 45c but not for at least 10-12 months. All the raw material comes from Germany so as such, they are at the mercy of HKO's shipping schedule.

· Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will happen in both the 45 and 45c but not for at least 10-12 months.
How do you know this?

I am aware of the vagaries of the parent firm's sending parts, etc. when they get around to it. What I am curious about is whether or not a firm decision (as opposed to rumor and hearsay) has been declared to actually produce the colored frames.

· Vendor
7,526 Posts
How do you know this?

I am aware of the vagaries of the parent firm's sending parts, etc. when they get around to it. What I am curious about is whether or not a firm decision (as opposed to rumor and hearsay) has been declared to actually produce the colored frames.

It is confirmed. While the numbers are not set in stone, 200 of each is the plan. This correlates with the 400 stated for the group buy, but again I do not l know if the group buy will be fulfilled first or commercial release.

10-12 months MINIMUM is what I am told. The 2012 allocation of materials is done so I am led to believe that materials for the colored frames are in the 2013 allocation request.

Confirmed: O.D. and "raccoon poop mustard yellow" -- yes, that is quoted, lol.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Confirmed: O.D. and "raccoon poop mustard yellow" -- yes, that is quoted, lol.
So, Hk is also planning an OD colored frame to go along with the FDE? At the 200 number mark, I suspect the prices will be through the roof once they hit dealers. What are the chances another group buy can begin for an OD colored Hk and will both full-size and compacts will be available in both? So, 100 Fullsize and 100 Compacts? Or 200 of each?

· Vendor
7,526 Posts
Still can't find em...it was explained to me that Germany is just behind in shipping, guess theynstill are...
They have been trickling in. Most dealers received less than 100 each and were sold out in a matter of hours.

So, Hk is also planning an OD colored frame to go along with the FDE? At the 200 number mark, I suspect the prices will be through the roof once they hit dealers. What are the chances another group buy can begin for an OD colored Hk and will both full-size and compacts will be available in both? So, 100 Fullsize and 100 Compacts? Or 200 of each?
I don't know the numbers, but if I had to guess, 100 of each color/size. If they sell well, I am under the impression that they will run them again on a much larger scale. HKI is listening to the civillian market but planning and economics play a big role. Many people do not realize the complexities of manufacturing a firearm in country when the materials are imported and tightly controlled by a foreign company AND government.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.