HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my USP 9 SD , Just wondering how you guys would rate the ammo. Out of 1000 rounds I only have 1 FTE and it was a stove pipe. WOuld you guys think it was the ammo ? I also possibly could have let my wrist break too much during that particular round but I don't think that was the issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In my USP 9 SD , Just wondering how you guys would rate the ammo. Out of 1000 rounds I only have 1 FTE and it was a stove pipe. WOuld you guys think it was the ammo ? I also possibly could have let my wrist break too much during that particular round but I don't think that was the issue.
I don't like Wolf ammo. People on my range use it sometimes and I have seen several failures (maybe 3 or 4) in perhaps a few hundred rounds. Didn't go bang, didn't feed (cartridge was too long!), burns quite dirty ... no thanks.

I admit it's cheap and quite powerfully loaded, though.

-Valynor

D

·
0 Posts
from what i have seen and the horror stories i heard.wolf ammo will never see the inside of any of my pistols.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have fed it to all my USP's at one time or another; with no ill effects. I usually purchase the least expensive ammo I can find to punch paper and steel. Lately that has been CC blazer and winchester white box from Wal-Mart. Granted wolf is dirtier than cc and winchester, but I clean after every range trip anyway. My 2 cts.:43:

·
Banned
366 Posts
My HK P2000 HATES!!!! Wolf .40 cal ammo.

1 out of every 25~30 rounds splits down the side of the casing and gets stuck in my chamber. Won't extract what so ever.

I have to run a metal rod down the barrel and pound the casing loose.

And before anyone says maybe the batch of ammo was bad, I tried Wolf when I first got it, did this. I tried it again 6 months later, same crap.

Then last week I bought 2 boxes because it was on special for $7.99 and I thought I would give it another try now that the P2000 is good and worn in.

I got threw both boxes of 50, 100 rounds total without a any issues. I was so happy I went back and bought 10 more boxes. I got the range the other day and guess what happened within the first two magazines? Then 3 more times within the first 2 boxes. I said screw this and called it a day.

My GLOCK 23 feeds the Wolf flawlessly though so it's not that big of a deal but it annoys me.

I don't think it's an issue with the HK P2000 though because I've shot thousands of rounds of brass cased ammo without any issues.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Might as well be using black powder. Wolf ammo is the dirtiest stuff on the market.that I've seen. Seems to me HK specifically says not to use steel cartridges. In any case I'll never use the stuff. WWB, or CCI Blazer Brass works just fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've put over 10k rounds of 9mm thru USPF and USPc without problems. Yes, it's a bit dirtier than other ammo but neither gun needed cleaning till the 5-6k round mark. I prefer Wolf to Winchester white box stuff as I've ruined a like new Colt 9mm SMG barrel due to a squib.
On the .45 USPT, have put over 4k rounds of Wolf so far and at times with a sound suppressor attached and no problems. I find the Wolf .45 a bit weaker than other brands and it's great because follow up shots are so much easier but it's too weak to run subguns consistently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts