HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

[ QUOTE ]
British Troops Confront the Insurgency in Basra
Original caption: An Iraqi boy plays with a toy gun behind a British soldier during clashes with Shi'ite militia near the local office of the radical Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadrin the southern city of Basra. British troops raided an office used by supporters of rebel Iraqi cleric Moqtada al Sadr in the southern city of Basra on Friday, seizing a large quantity of weapons and explosives, a military spokesman said

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: SA-80 w/ UGL

Only in times of conflict, otherwise fat chance of a British squaddie ever seeing one. It's a case of 'Here lads, this is how you switch it on and off, congratulations on succesful completion of training with it' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

[ QUOTE ]
Another AG-36 there.

[/ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't call it that, HC will have a conniption /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I'll put a warning in the title next time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Geez, that kid should not be playing with a toy gun in the middle of a war zone. If a soldier sees someone holding a gun near fellow soldiers then that person will get shot. Even though there is nothing wrong with toy guns, in that context the soldier should remove the toy gun for the kids own protection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks Huki /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

B

·
0 Posts

SA-80 is by far my favorite assualt weapon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

(Mostly due, however, to my playing of SOCOM II)

Didnt know you could attach GL's to them though...

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

[ QUOTE ]
British soldiers patrol near their base, following a mortar attack in the southern city of Basra, September 22, 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A British soldier patrols a street after his base came under heavy shelling in the southern Iraqi city of Basra. Fears grew for a British hostage whose two US colleagues were savagely beheaded by Islamist captors.

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Registered
134 Posts

I've heard nothing but bad about the SA80, personally I think the M16 is probably a safer bet and this I say under duress. As for toy guns and the identification of hostiles, in my little town I get nervous whenever anything gun like is pointed in my direction and I'm not a soldier in a war zone. If that poor kid isn't careful or lucky he'll end up stitched in half by some poor dude with kids of his own back home who will regret it forever. Good luck and God bless to all those over there.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I wish i could get my hands on that new cocking handel that HK made for the L85A1 and L86A1's. I have the old one on my L86 LSW, DAMN thing pulls out now and then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

More:

[ QUOTE ]
British army soldiers from the 1st Cheshire Regiment get ready at their base in the Old State Building to go on patrol September 22, 2004 in Basrah

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

[ QUOTE ]
Caption:
BASRAH, IRAQ - SEPTEMBER 23: British army soldiers from the 1st Cheshire Regiment walk back to their boats on their way back to their bases after a patrol in the market September 23, 2004 in Basrah which is located in southern Iraq. Saddam Hussein was directly responsible for the oppression of southern Iraq. The coalition forces owe a great deal of support in the war to their welcome by southerners Iraqis. (Photo by Marco Di Lauro/Getty Images)

[/ QUOTE ]

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

One more:

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

LOL, thanks HUKI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

This kid seems to be pointing an imaginary gun at the soldier, not what I would have done in that situation but infinitely smarter than the kid in the first pic.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts