HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a Safariland 6004 for the HK USP45 Tactical.
Anyone know a good place to order one. I have found several places, but none list one for the tactical with the 5.08 in. barrel. A holster # would be great, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i would make sure the tall sights would clear it. i would like one for my sd 9 but have yet to find one that i could try out first.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just tested my 45 Tactical in my 6005 thigh rig from Safariland. It fits fine. A little tight as my holster is brand new but it fits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just stumbled on the thread and thought I would give some input. I have a 6005 for a USP 45f w/ UTL. I just pulled my tac out of the safe, put the UTL on it and tried it in the holster. It does fit, however, the rear sight seems to rest on the top edge of the holster and the rotating hood catches on the corner of the rear sight. You can get the hood to lock into place and rotate down to unholster but it might take a little wiggling. So yes it does fit, in my case, but if you are using it for any duty purpose where unholstering quickly is necessary, I would try something else. Just my observations and 2 cents!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
JumpJet, im not sure if he's still doing it, but BIGDUKE60 here was doing a whole bunch of Safariland group buys.

Heres the thread, it looks like its still going, but you'll have to talk to Duke to get it done.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51046

It may take a while, since they order them directly from Safariland (so they have to make them) but you get the BEST prices possible!

Duke really is a great guy, was awesome at returning PM's and getting stuff done.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I purchased a 6004 for my Tactical. I got the model that allows for cocked and locked carry.

I ordered from www.copsplus.com

Decent pricing, pretty fast shipping unless they dont have it in stock, then it takes a few weeks.

ANY holster for the USP 45 will worth with the tactical. However, the little nub that is on the bottom of the SLS strap may need to be filed to clear the Tactical sights.

Very easy to do with a dremel or with hand files.

Other than that, it clears the tall sights just fine.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
any idea if a USP 9f would work for a USP SD 9? or should i try to get a holster for an expert?
If the holster is OPEN at the bottom (which IIRC most of the safariland ones are, at least the 6004/6005 are) it will work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any safariland 6004 holster or similar that is made for a USP will work with a USP with a threaded barrel and raised sights.

Infact, if you look at product numbers, USP 9/40/45 all use the same holster.

The holster I used for my USP .45 Tactical cocked and locked worked flawlessly with my USP 9F as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone supply a part number for a 6004/6005 for USPf Tactical .45? Also, is there a 6004/6005 that works with the M2-UTL?

Finally, is BIGDUKES group buy still going on? When I checked the thread it said he wasn't taking any order anymore.

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Big Duke posted again today that he is getting ready to do another order since he has more time off from work. Do a search for Safariland holsters or posts by BigDuke60 and the thread should pop up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw that thread, thanks.

Is there a definitive 6004 or 6005 model that'll work with the full size tactical .45? I can't find a for sure answer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
http://www.copsplus.com/partnum1613.php

FOR A USP COCKED AND LOCKED- including Standard, Tactical, SD, ANY CALIBER...

6004-92-121

FOR THE SAME AS ABOVE WITH THE UTL....

6004-922-121

The link I gave you above gives all that information, except they fail to tell you that any holster listed for a standard USP will also work for the Tactical/SD models as well.

For the cocked and locked ones, you MIGHT need to file a little bit off of the nub on the bottom of the SLS rotating hood.

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
http://www.copsplus.com/partnum1613.php

FOR A USP COCKED AND LOCKED- including Standard, Tactical, SD, ANY CALIBER...

6004-92-121

FOR THE SAME AS ABOVE WITH THE UTL....

6004-922-121

The link I gave you above gives all that information, except they fail to tell you that any holster listed for a standard USP will also work for the Tactical/SD models as well.

For the cocked and locked ones, you MIGHT need to file a little bit off of the nub on the bottom of the SLS rotating hood.

Scott
Awesome, thanks very much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts