HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its Sunday and I don't want to wait until mon-fri; 7-4:30 so I'll ask here.. I have a Safariland 6280 that fits a dutybelt that I never use and I'm in the market for a 6004. My question is can I just buy the 6004 leg shroud and mount the holster on it? The sites that I've seen that carry just the shroud say it works with 2 or 3 screw accessories (taser, lights, batons, mags) and the holster I've got is a 3 screw mount. Anybody know? I'd like to save $50 if I can.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
to answer your question quickly, yes you can mount the 6280 on the 6004 rig. I have actually done it in the past. I found a great deal on a 6004 for the USP 45c and got a great deal on a 6280 for the USP 40c. Since I don't have a USP 45c and wanted a 6004 for my 40c, I switched the two and couldnt even tell the difference. Other than the model number stamps not being the same, there is nothing different than a standard 6004. I never did switch them back and actually sold both here and the new owners are happy as can be! Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

V/R

Brandon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I picked up the 6005 platform today. It'll be nice to not have my pistol in the way of either my bird-vest or my packs while hunting. Arizona just gave archers permission to carry a handgun for personal protection in hunting units near the border, sign of thie times we live, right? And sundevil, looks like you guys might actually have a chance of beating my AZ basketball team on wednesday... we are really circling the drain right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts