HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe we'll meet some time. Usually I shoot at the 25 yard line. As much as I love my P2K I also think highly of my S&W Model 627 .357Mag. The magnum is nice but when it comes to home defense I put my M6 Illuminator on the P2K rail at night and sleep better. The HK is the only semi-auto I really trust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear you about trusting HK's, I trust my USPc 40 more that the other two I have. I went to the gun show yesterday looking for a rail adaptor for the USPc of course nobody had one. I thought it might be cheaper there. I sure drooled over some nice guns though. take care.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well wadda you know! Im from San Antonio too and Im also becoming a regular at the Bullethole! Gotta love those MP5's they rent, pricey at $15/mag but what a blast:13:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,

Nice to know some of you are right here in good old S.A.
I mainly shoot at a semi-private gun club off of Hausman road. Its actually a Trap shooting club but it also has a pistol and rifle range for members only.
craHKshot

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in SA, I typically shoot at Blackhawk range. I am currently trying to find P2000 owners in my area that I might be able to meet at the range.

See my thread posted on Jan 11th.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which trigger? I had first planned on the SK model, then decided something larger would be better for me. However I am still open to the idea of a SK, since i'm a shorts and t-shirt kinda guy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's the DA/SA (V3 I believe is the designation). I don't mind letting you shoot my gun, so don't worry. Just so you know, I'd like to repeat, I haven't recieved it, yet I'm paying it off with an AR. It should be in my hands in 2-3 weeks. If you can wait I'd be happy to let you shoot it. Have you tried the Bullethole shooting range? I've been to Blackhawk and A Place to Shoot and definitly prefer the Bullethole.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, Dave here, I'm in Cibolo now for the past year and a half, I've been in SA most of my 40 years otherwise. The only "HK" I've got is a PTR91 (hell of a gun so far, I've had it a few months and put about 300 rounds through it so far).

I've been shooting at Bracken lately although I've shot at A Place to Shoot, IDPA at Blackhawk, and CAS at Cedar Ridge. Since doing some work around Potranco and Grosenbacher, I found out about Bullet Hole and their rentals and have been planning to go give them a try.

So, if you see someone with a PTR91, a huge grin on his face and shooting with a Mini Me (my son) that might be me.

Later, Dave:4:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just a word on Bracken Range on the NE side.

I had my Mp5 there a few weeks ago. And after the 20 questions (since they no longer allow "assault pistols" there. I had to point out that I was using an MP5 and it did indeed have a stock.

So even after that hassle I start shooting two round bursts, nothing crazy. And sure enough I get more **** from them.

Long story short, unless your shooting pistol or shotgun, or sighting in a rifle that place is quite worthless.

Now would anyone happen to know of any private ranges or something like that in the area?

Maybe someplace nearby I can take the bolt gun to and stretch out to 500+ also???? (Doesn't have to be the same place)

Hell even any class 3 friendly ranges that I can go to without hearing ****. And i'm not one of those guys and does mag dumps either.

I'd like to be able and go shoot without the audience and 20 questions on what I have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HK

Does anyone of you shoot IDPA or IPSC, over at Blackhawk? I own a USP.40, it's in storage, however, I've got a USP.45 in lay-a way.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm in Kerrville, but work in Bandera. I shoot at the Bandera Gun Club when I need to test fire a weapon or sight one in, but they are very restrictive on what you can do (no rapid fire, etc...), so I usually practice the fun stuff on a friends private ranch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey! One more San Antonian signing in...

I fire mostly at Bracken due to close proximity... I don't really like the place all that much but it's by far the closest.

When I ordered my Hk, I had it sent to the BulletHole to do the FFL transaction and fired it there after picking it up. It's a better range, but quite far away from me (up in the NE side by 35 and 1604).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
another san antonio native signing in. I've been to bracken(hated it), cedar ridge range(like it) and bullethole(it was okay) I hate the fact that I cant do fire and maneuvers and other stuff that I can do at cedar ridge. thinking of going to blackhawk and trying it out.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts