HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this guy up in a trade.... Had gotten a lot of extras with it
the gun. SAR 8 looks to be a 3/8 over stamp and a low serial # to boot. my guess is that it had green furniture because it has a green charging handle.
what furniture did these have? mine had an H&K flash hider on it and is threaded so I am going to say this was one of the enhance? (am I getting that right?) versions. And it also has an E&L Mfg butt pad on it with all of the pieces to make it longer pull. and a ES & EAS-W safety in it

the extras
H&K claw mount with a tru-glo 4x on it
some cheapie aluminum high scope mount (in pictures)
2 black hand guards (1 wide 1 slim)
3 butt pads 2 wide (German?) and the original for the stock
Fabian Bros muzzle stabilizer with original packaging
2 ES & EAS-W safeties in packaging
17 steel mags 1 marked 1A 3- 1B 6- 1C 6 unmarked and an unmarked 10 rd

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to add 140 rds of ammo.... anyone know where I can get the wide hand guard in OD green? maybe its jungle green or dark green?

looks like H&K parts has the stock for $25 in OD and I have a pistol grip in green already...... all I seen on H&K parts is the slim hand guard in OD

·
Registered
66 Posts
nice yours is the only other one i have seen, mine came with wood stocks but i suspected they were not original. my charging handle is bear metal and hurts like crap to cock it. my overstamp is poor in that you can see distinctly the 3 and the 8, the quality of my gun is superb. i would like to put mine back all original, but never knew they had green stocks. mark

found these pretty cheap http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=261

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
So it does look like a SAR3 over stamped. Which means that it is pre ban. The threaded barrel is another give away. Changing out the cocking handle is simple. 10 min job. Some of the SARs did come with green furniture. I had only seen one back when they came out.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Welcome to the site, and nice acquisition--- the SAR3/8 serial numbers that I am aware of are 05854-08984!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
nice yours is the only other one i have seen, mine came with wood stocks but i suspected they were not original. my charging handle is bear metal and hurts like crap to cock it. my overstamp is poor in that you can see distinctly the 3 and the 8, the quality of my gun is superb. i would like to put mine back all original, but never knew they had green stocks. mark

found these pretty cheap G3 Complete Stock set - $39.95 : Military Gun Supply, SSAR-15, Parts Kits, Surplus Guns, And More!
The link doesn't specify a "wide" handguard so I would venture it is simply the green slimline.

HKParts has HK wide ones for something like $150 and RTG has POF(?) for $75 but OOS.

Nice score OP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The link doesn't specify a "wide" handguard so I would venture it is simply the green slimline.

HKParts has HK wide ones for something like $150 and RTG has POF(?) for $75 but OOS.

Nice score OP.
I was all over hkparts and didnt see the wide greens listed. Do you have a link?

·
Registered
66 Posts
my overstamp weapon is well used compared to the op's which looks like a safe queen. my serial number is in the range so it's good to know for me it's legit. so is the consensus that these weapons had originally "black stocks"? or did they come in a variety of choices? thank's for any insights. mark

Text Font Metal Vehicle Car Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my overstamp weapon is well used compared to the op's which looks like a safe queen. my serial number is in the range so it's good to know for me it's legit. so is the consensus that these weapons had originally "black stocks"? or did they come in a variety of choices? thank's for any insights. mark

View attachment 60906 View attachment 60914
Im diggin the wood. I am almost positive mine had to have green furniture. I can't see that they would have a green charging handle and black furniture.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Im diggin the wood. I am almost positive mine had to have green furniture. I can't see that they would have a green charging handle and black furniture.
yea makes sense for sure, see my cocking lever has all the plastic gone so i have no clue what color it would have been. would be nice to also know if there were any collapsible stocks imported with this batch. something else my weapon looks very grey and yours looks much more black or maybe it's just the difference in photo's and lighting. or maybe mine just has allot more wear.

mark

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
yea makes sense for sure, see my cocking lever has all the plastic gone so i have no clue what color it would have been. would be nice to also know if there were any collapsible stocks imported with this batch. something else my weapon looks very grey and yours looks much more black or maybe it's just the difference in photo's and lighting. or maybe mine just has allot more wear.

mark
Not sure. I know tim over at MAC states these had park finish on them in his SAR-3 video... could be batch differences. I do think mine was a safe queen from the origional owner. Last owner I think put 100-200 rds through it and never cleaned it. 4 hrs cleaning carbon scraping ultrasonicing and oiling. Looks new inside though now. What a mess. After I got it clean though. There is very minimul wear internally.

·
Banned
34,552 Posts

View attachment 60906 View attachment 60914
Nice rifle--- diggin' the wood--- very "Sturmgewehr-ish"!!! :biggrin:
Black stocks are the norm. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Greek made HK's are very nice. I hope we can get the EBO Greek guns (MP5, G3, 13e) brought back in at some point. Anyone importers listening?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Greek made HK's are very nice. I hope we can get the EBO Greek guns (MP5, G3, 13e) brought back in at some point. Anyone importers listening?
If we could get new ones. Thst would be awsome. I have mone lidted for sale cause I dont want to beat the gun. But a new one. Yes. It csn get abused. Thats why I like my ptr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd like to have what that seller's smoking. I still have 2 complete green sets where the rear butt stock is complete including the recoil assy, & buffer. I think they were $30 each set, & brand new. GARY
Are yours the slim g3 style handguard? The wide hand guard alone is going for big$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts