HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a SAR-8 with aluminum receiver and I've read the parts are still good. If so, I was wondering if someone could help me value what it would be as a parts kit, I am having trouble finding prices on parts kits. My plan is to buy it, if I get it cheap enough, buy another receiver and have it fixed. Thoughts?

Jeremy

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
$400-$500.

A year ago (or so), one in good shape was worth about $400 for a parts kit. Now that the kits have dried up, it might be worth a bit more. But you still have to get someone to de-mill it before building the new one.

If it's still in good shape (no loose barrel and shoots well), you could always just shoot it till it gives out.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
On the plus side, they tended to use very good parts on those guns. So even as just a parts kit, it could still be a pretty good deal. While it might be a little more expensive to go this route, you might end up with a pretty darn good gun made out of some pretty good parts.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
On the plus side, they tended to use very good parts on those guns. So even as just a parts kit, it could still be a pretty good deal. While it might be a little more expensive to go this route, you might end up with a pretty darn good gun made out of some pretty good parts.
Agreed +1

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still talking with the feller. Does anyone know about how many rounds it takes to shoot the trunion loose from the aluminum receiver? He says he's fired about 500 through it and it's tight. I called Springfield and they said that they can't repair these so they offer a M1a if the SAR wasn't abused.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I'm still talking with the feller. Does anyone know about how many rounds it takes to shoot the trunion loose from the aluminum receiver? He says he's fired about 500 through it and it's tight. I called Springfield and they said that they can't repair these so they offer a M1a if the SAR wasn't abused.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
That's a little like asking "how many licks does it take to reach the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?" There too many variables involved. Depends on how powerful the ammo is and how much else it goes through. So I don't see how anyone could give you anything better than a WAG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts