HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What can you guys tell me about the SAR 8? I found this local advertisement:

Springfield SAR-8 (HK91) 01/20/08 $925
.308 cal Springfield SAR-8 rifle. Springfield's production of the HK-91 rifle. Green furniture, slimline forearm. In very good condition, about 97%. Maybe 300 rounds put through it. Slight markings from brass around ejector port. Comes with original box/papers, 3 20-round mags and a mag pouch.

I did some research on gunbroker and the price seems about right. however, i noticed the following markings on one
SAR 8
Springfield Armory
DC Industries INC
Bloomington MN
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90341653
So who or what is DC industries?

a second action for an SAR8 states the following
made in greece by hellenic arms ind. on HK tooling and under their supervision. NOT a aluminum rec
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90308242
What can you tell me about hellenic arms? are they considered better than the "springfield/dc arms" rifle?
I already have an HK91 but if this was a good deal i was thinking of snagging it. let me know what you guys think
jason

·
2,832 Posts
SAR 3 or 8 are great guns, they are built on Greek/Ebo parts made on HK tooling, on par with HK IMOP

now the SA with the alum reciever and built in rail is junk, stay away

but the price for the SA8 is good

this is my SAR8 with cut down barrel

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
SAR-8 Springfield Rifles...

What can you guys tell me about the SAR 8? I found this local advertisement:

Springfield SAR-8 (HK91) 01/20/08 $925
.308 cal Springfield SAR-8 rifle. Springfield's production of the HK-91 rifle. Green furniture, slimline forearm. In very good condition, about 97%. Maybe 300 rounds put through it. Slight markings from brass around ejector port. Comes with original box/papers, 3 20-round mags and a mag pouch.

I did some research on gunbroker and the price seems about right. however, i noticed the following markings on one
SAR 8
Springfield Armory
DC Industries INC
Bloomington MN
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90341653
So who or what is DC industries?

a second action for an SAR8 states the following
made in greece by hellenic arms ind. on HK tooling and under their supervision. NOT a aluminum rec
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90308242
What can you tell me about hellenic arms? are they considered better than the "springfield/dc arms" rifle?
I already have an HK91 but if this was a good deal i was thinking of snagging it. let me know what you guys think
jason

Take it for what it's worth...

Stay away from the first SAR-8 posted... Post Ban made after 1994 gun...
Very fair to good knock off... Some work others don't... Mileage varies...

The second rifle imported by Springfield Armory made by Hellenic Arms of Greece is a very good clone HK-91 rifle... Made on actual 100% HK tooling by the Greeks... When the rifle is loaded and you pull the trigger it will go bang...

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Hellenic Arms G3 (made in Greece on a steel reciever) is the Exact same quality and build as a HK91 in every way & the other one is made on a alloy reciever & is considered junk in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
The Hellenic Arms G3 (made in Greece on a steel reciever) is the Exact same quality and build as a HK91 in every way & the other one is made on a alloy reciever & is considered junk in my opinion.

Correction; they are considered junk in EVERYONES opinion. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great posts guys. thanks a lot! i will give him a call and see which one it is.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Hey, did I miss the weekly "SAR8" thread? Dammit!!! Ya snooze, ya looze.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it turned out to be the undesireable model. thanks for the advice guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts