HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Robot wields dual MP5's in the opening minutes of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Swat team has them too.

I especially liked when the robot profiled the swat teams mp5's and concluded no threat.

·
Registered
851 Posts
There was speculation they were going to nix the school shooting scene in the first episode. I'm personally glad they left it in. I understand the sensitivity it might have for some, but it did add to the "realism" of the situation and story. Looking forward to tonight's episode.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not bad, but I wish thwy could have had the actors from the movie. These guys and gals just dont have the same feel as the origionals.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It would have been great if they had the original Sarah Connor, John Connor, and Myles Dyson from T2. If I recall correctly, none of them are doing anything currently.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not bad, but I wish thwy could have had the actors from the movie. These guys and gals just dont have the same feel as the origionals.
That's one of the main reasons I didn't watch it. From the previews I've seen so far, it seems to be more along the lines of one of those B SciFi channel shows, with cheesy acting and bad production value. Was that the case, or does it seem like it might actually be good?

·
Registered
163 Posts
This show sucks bad. I knew it would, but I was soooooo hoping to be surprised. Oh, well. Guess we have to wait for Jack to get back.

Stupid writer's strike...

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's one of the main reasons I didn't watch it. From the previews I've seen so far, it seems to be more along the lines of one of those B SciFi channel shows, with cheesy acting and bad production value. Was that the case, or does it seem like it might actually be good?
It is cheap entertainment...I dont see it lasting many seasons, at least on a major network that is. It may go for a while on SciFi, or another channel along those lines.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
cheesy acting and bad production
Pretty much sumed it up. As much as I hate to say it they relyed waaayyyyy to much on guns to try to make the movie also. Take the school shooting scene for example why would the robot use a pistol if it could just walk over to the kid who had no idea what it was and break his neck? It only got worse from there.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Take the school shooting scene for example why would the robot use a pistol if it could just walk over to the kid who had no idea what it was and break his neck?
That was explained in T2. At least from the standpoint of the terminator, it uses the most efficient method of killing...whatever is easier. If the terminator is standing next to you, it will rip out your heart. If the terminator has a gun, it uses a gun. If it has a metal pole, it will turn you into a shish kebab.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That was explained in T2. At least from the standpoint of the terminator, it uses the most efficient method of killing...whatever is easier. If the terminator is standing next to you, it will rip out your heart. If the terminator has a gun, it uses a gun. If it has a metal pole, it will turn you into a shish kebab.
Well aren't we well versed in Terminator lore. Funny thing is I remembered that too, and was about to post it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I especially liked when the robot profiled the swat teams mp5's and concluded no threat.
Yep, I actually paused the DVR to check out the specs shown on the right side for the MP5. Most of them were all correct from what I could make out.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, I actually paused the DVR to check out the specs shown on the right side for the MP5. Most of them were all correct from what I could make out.

I did the same thing!!! LOL

G

·
Desert Eagle in the dream sequence, Glock in school room, 1911 when he busts into their house. No HK pistols in this ep.
Disagree. After they left the school, in the "bus turned over" sequence. Defnitely a HK, unmistakable profile, identical to my USPc, except longer. Even the serial number plate forward of the trigger guard, if it was HD I might have been able to read the serial number.
Only question is, which HK model? I still say it was a USP full-size.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Disagree. After they left the school, in the "bus turned over" sequence. Defnitely a HK, unmistakable profile, identical to my USPc, except longer. Even the serial number plate forward of the trigger guard, if it was HD I might have been able to read the serial number.
Only question is, which HK model? I still say it was a USP full-size.
Fine to disagree, but you're wrong :) Here's a side shot of the Terminator as he's about to jump out the window after John.. you can see the S/N plate, as you mention, but it's in the same location on Glocks as on HKs:

And here's the T101 after he overturns the bus.. you can clearly see the squared-off slide indicating a Glock, not a USP:

A high school friend of mine is a production assistant on the series, and I'm trying to give her ideas on exotic stuff to put in the show. I hope they're able to stay on the air.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts