HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer still had this P7 (Grade C) from the first lot of Police Trade-Ins. Was perfect inside but looked bad from being carried, and the sights were in bad shape. No one was interested in this gun because of the shape. Got a good price so I sent it off to Tripp Research for chrome, and was able to recondition the sights. Now I have a new carry Gun. :83:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I stayed with the Satin.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dang that is really nice. I am thinking about doing the same to my P7. Mine has the sights messed up too and holster wear as well. Grade B tho. How much did the refinish cost if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tripp gets $215 for the P7 including the barrel and $15 per Magazine, plus shipping. Took about 10 days with shipping. Excellent work, very pleased.

:59:

http://www.trippresearch.com/

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Thats all matte, easy to see nothing shiny on that P7 - looks great. Have some Tripp work - its always world class.

I like what you did on the buy, I got a few that looked in great shape other than need a re-finish, Tripp did them. Its a great way to save lots of money, and get a great looking piece in the process. Lots of guys dont think ahead or envision the final result, they see a pistol that needs a re-finish and pass on it!

Great thinking and beautiful 'Budget P7' Dave! :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks great Dave. Tripps did my P7M8 for me and I am very happy with the work and turn around time. The finish looks better in person then in any pictures.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is it worth getting the magazine refinished? I am just worried about the wear as I plan on dropping magazine on the ground during reloads for competitions.

Looks nice and I can't wait to have mine done.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mag Refinish

Solidgun... I had all 4 of my mags done. Why not get them done while your gun is getting refinished anyway. Well worth the money. Tripp Industries are top notch. I had a week turn around.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice, only a week. I was expecting to be out for 4 weeks (I know it may vary)...I guess $15 per mag isn't that bad, but I don't want them to look cracked from drops I guess.

I guess I will send all 5 in when I get mine done.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Detective Very Nice P7.

:13:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very nice!!! They turn them around in 10 days??? Thats really good! Let me ask you, I have a P7M13 that some "freak" did a personal parkerizing job to it looks like...simply nasty...looking anyway, function is perfect. Got it for very cheap being it's so ugly. Do you think they can redo it? Would thier process take off this ugly finish and then be able to make it satin etc? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would give them a call, very knowledgeable when I called and asked about having them do mine. Very Happy with how mine came out.

:28:

http://www.trippresearch.com/

·
Registered
236 Posts
After seeing yours I certainly will !! Thanks for the post and info inspired me yet again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
DETECTIVE1108, what combination is that (it looks like a matte chrome with brushed flats)?
Do they charge more to do brushed flats?

10 days turnaround time?!?!?! Are you guys serious?!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts