HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
That is really cheap, even for a 74 one.I had two 41s, sold one for 3200, wouldnt part with the other for any price. There are not very many of these around at all and sadly, a good many have gone to California as they are not on the ban list there(unlike the 91). These end up having a 10 round mag pinned in place to make them legal, yet ruined as far as collector value. I would definitely had snapped that one up at 2400.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have got it also, except for one small minor detail, no bucks. Anyway that is the first time I ever laid eyes on one, besides the pictures. Outward appearance it looked nice, no heavy scratches etc... but it did have a awful thick coat of black shinny paint on it, and seeing that HK likes to put a heavy coat of shinny black paint on their rifles, I couldn't tell if it was orignial finish or if it was refinished.

·
Registered
214 Posts
These end up having a 10 round mag pinned in place to make them legal, yet ruined as far as collector value. I would definitely had snapped that one up at 2400.
Don't fret, the magazine pinning is completely reversible and thus has zero impact on collector value of these weapons. Basically installing a device that prohibits movement of the magazine catch. Easily done without permanent alterations. Or,,,, if the guys is just a collector (not gonna shoot it), he can just pull the trigger group off and he's done. I didn't really want my first post to be on such a lame topic, but there you go.
FWIW, 2400 is a decent price if the 41 is in good shape. If your getting into the 3000s you best be talking about a 43 instead of a 41. In the end, it all comes down to that one guy who's looking feverishly for one of these rifles who is willing to pay the above market premium. I believe that the 43s and 41s were all made/imported in '74. They are also a bit glossier than the later rifles.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
All the 41s did have a shiny black finish so that finish you saw was probably original. Bolt carriers on the 41 were all marked 10/66 on the top. I guess they used the same carriers they had in the 1966 version.

The one guy I talked to who was going to do the pinning thing on the 41 told me his conversion was going to involve drilling and a weld. Sounded bad to me...I hope there is a better way...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well I saw a guy with a 91 with a bipod and wide forearm,shell deflector,MSG90 style adjustable stock and PSG1 trigger group,claw mount and hensholdt scope all for the bargain price of $4800 ! Certainly not the deal you saw.That may have been a neat piece to have.

·
Registered
151 Posts
you can also take the handguard off and look and the date on the barrel. I am not to sure about the date coded furniture thing, because a lot of people wind up switching out parts over the years and so you may or may not get all original parts. But if the seller lets you dismantle the gun to inspect it then that is a pretty good idea that it is legit.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've just recently purchased 2 of the 1/74 rifles. One is in good shape, with a port buffer, sling, and A3 stock for $1800, and the other will be at my house Friday. It's an unfired/pristine one, with heavy bipod for 3K. I figure for the price difference vs scarcity.....both good buys. Hey, good 91's aren't cheap.:20000000:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
were these 41s? or 91s?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
41's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts