HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents, and ladies ;)

I've been lurking around a while, had my heart set on a USP 45 Tactical, but now I am tempted by the HK45. It'd be strictly a range gun, but I'd like to develop my accuracy as much as possible. I know its all a matter of personal preference but now that these guns are almost in the same price range, I'm torn.

The HK45 is of course newer and would be more fun, but it seems I get more with the Tactical, threaded barrel, adjustable sights, match trigger and larger capacity, plus I might be able to get a deal on one since everyone is rushing for HK45. I wouldn't mind some opinions on what I should do.

It'd be my first handgun (I used to shoot alot with my dad when I was younger and haven't gone on a regular basis in a while, but I am looking to get back into target shooting), and we all know how much someone cherishes their first (gun that is). I know I'll end up probably getting both, but I'd like to hear people's thoughts on which one to get first and would ultimately end up shooting more.

Also if I were to buy online, I buy it from the dealer first then go to my local FFL and initiate the paperwork/transfer right, or the other way around? (Sorry if this has been answered before I searched and couldn't find anything)

Any local people from New Hampshire who might want to go shooting when I get me new gun? =)

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you purchase online, simply ask your local FFL to either fax or e-mail his license over to the seller. You can find transfer agents through sites like gunbroker, gunsamerica etc.

When purchasing online through a board or auction, ensure your local transfer agent will accept a firearm from a "non-licensee" (private invidual). Also research you local laws for additional issues. (Illinois require a FOID card, Michigan requires and long gun under 30" to be registered as a pistol etc).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I don't own either of those two. But I do own a Colt 1911 in .45. My next .45 will be the HK45. I like the way it feels in my hand. CDNN sells the HK45 for $850. The Tactical you have to call. Since I don't know the price. Have you checked the prices for both guns in NH?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been to a couple shops, and its very rare they stock anything, and a couple years ago if they ordered it for me, it was still 100-200 more than me just ordering it online myself.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ghost in the Shell is the ****. I love the pic.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Find a local FFL and ask what their transfer fee it. Then find someone such as CDNN Investments that has a good price and pay for your pistol. Then have the local transfer FFL mail or fax the FFL to CDNN. A week later, you do the local paperwork and take your pistol home.

A Tactical 45 is a good choice, especially if you are going to add a suppressor. If you are going to shoot a lot, a 9mm will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

Have you held a USP 45 before? Make sure the pistol you buy fits your hand. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the local range used to have a USP to rent, so I used to be able to get my fix through renting it, but they got rid of it about a year ago, and everything else I rented there has been junk (maybe I got spoiled too early).

I don't think I'll add a suppressor for a long time (damn expensive aren't they?) but it would be nice to have the option I guess.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello gents, and ladies ;)

I've been lurking around a while, had my heart set on a USP 45 Tactical, but now I am tempted by the HK45. It'd be strictly a range gun, but I'd like to develop my accuracy as much as possible. I know its all a matter of personal preference but now that these guns are almost in the same price range, I'm torn.

The HK45 is of course newer and would be more fun, but it seems I get more with the Tactical, threaded barrel, adjustable sights, match trigger and larger capacity, plus I might be able to get a deal on one since everyone is rushing for HK45. I wouldn't mind some opinions on what I should do.

It'd be my first handgun (I used to shoot alot with my dad when I was younger and haven't gone on a regular basis in a while, but I am looking to get back into target shooting), and we all know how much someone cherishes their first (gun that is). I know I'll end up probably getting both, but I'd like to hear people's thoughts on which one to get first and would ultimately end up shooting more.

Also if I were to buy online, I buy it from the dealer first then go to my local FFL and initiate the paperwork/transfer right, or the other way around? (Sorry if this has been answered before I searched and couldn't find anything)

Any local people from New Hampshire who might want to go shooting when I get me new gun? =)

Thanks for the help in advance.
Sure, I'm up for shooting. Not until the end of the summer though.

Also, what shops did you check? I'm sure I saw some the last time I was at Riley's and Lewis arms. Not sure what The Firing Line has right now though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Firing line seemed to drop all their HK stuff, I might check Riley's this weekend, never been to Lewis, maybe I'll take a trip over there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts