HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my thread of owning my 1st H&K, I ordered the SB Tactical HKPDW Brace and had a damn hard time in trying to install it. The rear plate wouldn't lock in so I can install the retaining pin. I reached out to SB Tactical and got a reply within a few mins!

I'll upload a PDF from my email with their instructions. You'll have to remove a screw and use a blade/dremel/box cutter to remove a small portion of the buffer. I used a box cutter and after neatly hacking it away, it worked!

The picture were it shows how much was cut off, provided by a customer that sent the picture to SB Tactical, is fairly accurate on how much to cut off. Don't cut off more than that. I cut off slightly less and was fine. However, so you don't have to hack away at the buffer twice, cut that amount off.

PDF is attached. I removed out all my personal info from the email.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
In my thread of owning my 1st H&K, I ordered the SB Tactical HKPDW Brace and had a damn hard time in trying to install it. The rear plate wouldn't lock in so I can install the retaining pin. I reached out to SB Tactical and got a reply within a few mins!

I'll upload a PDF from my email with their instructions. You'll have to remove a screw and use a blade/dremel/box cutter to remove a small portion of the buffer. I used a box cutter and after neatly hacking it away, it worked!

The picture were it shows how much was cut off, provided by a customer that sent the picture to SB Tactical, is fairly accurate on how much to cut off. Don't cut off more than that. I cut off slightly less and was fine. However, so you don't have to hack away at the buffer twice, cut that amount off.

PDF is attached. I removed out all my personal info from the email.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for this! I have one on the way as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same here, thank you....question is: will SB make version 2.0 in lieu of this?
I doubt it, since it only affects the SP5 and not the MP5 or MP5 clones.

"The SP5 has been changed very slightly from the original MP5 design, so our HKPDW will need a couple of small modifications to fit. On an older MP5 or a clone these steps aren’t necessary – just on the new SP5."

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts