HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get some engraving done for a couple of SBR projects I am working on. I would really prefer local (anywhere in Central Florida) because I would like to have it done while I wait and I do not like to ship guns.

·
Registered
162 Posts
+1 on the trophy shops.

you will have to hunt, but i found one that did alot of firearm engraving and he had specialized jigs fabricated at a machine shop to hold receivers at odd angles so that he would get a flat engrave no matter what.

end result, 2 sbr's engraved in 15 minutes, chose the font i wanted and cost me 20 bucks for both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have called almost every trophy shop in town. None of them have wanted to do it. HK_hamartia, do you remember the name of the shop that did your engraving? I would happily drive a good distance to find someone who could do it while I wait.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Vector Arms does great engraving work on HK's. Price is around $40.00 and takes about a week. Ask for John at Vector.

Spike's can do laser engraving on AR-15 receivers but the depth of laser engraving had been a sticking spot for NFA items. He does do great work and very reasonable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One of the local shops here that specializes in SBRs, Class III, etc. suggested taking the part (not the whole gun Haha!) to Things Remembered at the mall. My only concern is how to refinish it in a manner that not only protects the metal, but blends with the rest of the guns finish.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent my last two SBR's to Vector arms, they did a great great job but would prefer a local source does any body else have any reconmendations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know someone that had some work done at spikes engraving....I saw the work Very nice indeed and he said they were fast.
So while I didn't have the work done on any of my guns personally, I do know someone who did and I Did see the work/engraving...it was Very nicely done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts