HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thumbs up to the guys at Orion. Engraving looks great and the turn around was pretty quick :44:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ I got a feeling Tony knows that :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the location that Orion uses.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't know where Joe does his but I usually do them in the same location as Orion although if the info is short enough I have been able to fit it on the right side of the mag well on all but the MKE guns as ATI has pretty much cluttered up all of the space on theirs. I have also seen them done on the top of the receiver and in the stock channel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
that is nice work but I much prefer the stock channel as the location for engraving. Right where yours is would be my last choice, but as they say, degustibus non disputandum est.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
They certainly do good work. They have done (redone in two cases) all 4 of my SBRs and when they say it will be .003 or more deep it will be (which is why they had to redo two of my previously done SBRs whose engravers apparently did not know how to measure depth). Great company and I have always had very fast turn around times.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I have mine engraved only on the flat flange at the rear of the receiver. Many builders mark them there, and I've never, ever heard of improperly located markings. Orion is being overly cautious on the whole "conspicuously marked" clause which is why I personally would never use them. As long as it can be made visible without the use of any tools whatsoever, it is acceptable. If it literally had to be 100% visible 100% of the time, then the markings on the top spine of the receiver would be illegal, as they are covered up when a scope mount is installed. And even then, some of them require tools to remove, and it's still not a problem. If it can be easily identified upon inspection, it's fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, I remember that on my next one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought ATF stipulated the engraving should say "SBR BY name, City, State" You seem to just have "name, city, state". WHat gives?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You only have to identify what you are making on the Form 1. Only the manufacturers name, city and state have to be engraved on the weapon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts