HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sure are. I hyave my AR SBR'd. You need to file a Form 1, and do all the ATF paperwork,.

AR15.com has some good info, along with http://www.titleii.com/

A good gunshop, like NEX or JoJo's can also help walk you through the process.

R

·
0 Posts
Sure are. I hyave my AR SBR'd. You need to file a Form 1, and do all the ATF paperwork,.

AR15.com has some good info, along with http://www.titleii.com/

A good gunshop, like NEX or JoJo's can also help walk you through the process.
Moutain man maybe you could answer a question for me...In CT if you have a SBR stamp on your rifle can you then have the other so called evil features like folding or collapsable stocks or are you just limited to the short barrel...Thanks for any help

·
Registered
172 Posts
Moutain man maybe you could answer a question for me...In CT if you have a SBR stamp on your rifle can you then have the other so called evil features like folding or collapsable stocks or are you just limited to the short barrel...Thanks for any help

If you have a Genuine Pre ban rifle ( Bushmaster, Eagle, etc), you can have the evil features.

The only thing the SBR Tax Stamp does is shorten the barrel. No way around it.

I was thinking about chopping my HK USC, and putting a can on it, but id be breaking the law, by adding a flash hiding device.

R

·
0 Posts
If you have a Genuine Pre ban rifle ( Bushmaster, Eagle, etc), you can have the evil features.

The only thing the SBR Tax Stamp does is shorten the barrel. No way around it.

I was thinking about chopping my HK USC, and putting a can on it, but id be breaking the law, by adding a flash hiding device.

I understand...Thank you

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mountain Man,

I would like to get a little more info on your response about not being able to use a can on a USC. CT doesn't allow a flash hider, but do allow a muzzle break. CT allows suppressors, so why wouldn't you be allowed to put one on a USC? Have you personally checked on this? My friend and I were debating this same subject recently, but neither of us looked into it.

Let me know your thoughts

Scottoe

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok, a USC is a post ban weapon. We have a Assault weapons ban in CT still. A Silencer is also a Flash hider. If you put a Can on a USC, you have added a evil feature, and now have a Illegal weapon in Ct.

This is sraight from my reputable dealer. He said if he had to testify in a court of law, the can is also a flash hider.

This isnt a issue in other states where the bans expired.

Any work with Cans and such I do on verifiable pre ban AR type rifles. I stick to Bushy and Eagle, or any company that is still around and can provide letters verifying build status. I have my letters, and keep them handy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh, they're allowed. folding stock has been CT legalized as well as removing the flash hider and installing a look a like muzzle brake (thanks to JFK on these boards)

going to the range for the first time this weekend!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mountain Man- Kinda agree with Scottoe for cans, if its a "muzzle break" then its legal, if its a flash hider- thats illegal. Any more info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mountain Man- Kinda agree with Scottoe for cans, if its a "muzzle break" then its legal, if its a flash hider- thats illegal. Any more info would be appreciated.

A can is a sound suppressor, and also a VERY effective flash hider. DEA tpes use them in meth lab raids, just in case.
I cant give you the legal jumbo, BUT... If you talk to somebody like JoJo's gunshop, and ask them about putting a can on a post ban rifle in CT, and ask about the flash hider bit, as I did, He told me he would testify that a can is a flash hiding devise.
Enough for me. Il stick to my pre bans.

·
Registered
186 Posts
it's such a gray topic. If you ask any questions about firearms or related, the easiest thing anyone says is "no". Bottom line is nobody working for these agencies want to tell you that you can own something. DEA, ATF, DPS, on and on.

Answer me this....Why then does K5 have a bunch of supressors in lot of calibers for sale. They have a 308 can that you are allowed to put on a bolt action rifle or any other 308 for that matter. that is 100% legal, right. You can stick a can on the threaded end of a Accuracy International, why not a USC? And actually, the law states that you cannot have a threaded barrel to accept a flash hider. what if its not threaded, but is a quick detach style? Lots of grey. Lots of grey.

Scottoe

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as Ive been able to deduce with my readings of everything i can find when the brady bill was lifted all of that that went with it(i.e. all the accessories, hi-cap mags, flash hiders, suppressors all of it) became legal again. Hence why were able to have hi-cap mags on our pistols, that was one of the main parts of the brady bill. But we still have the 1986 AWB in affect you can go onto the DPS web page and see the list of rifles not allowed in this state.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Answer me this....Why then does K5 have a bunch of supressors in lot of calibers for sale. They have a 308 can that you are allowed to put on a bolt action rifle or any other 308 for that matter. that is 100% legal, right. You can stick a can on the threaded end of a Accuracy International, why not a USC? And actually, the law states that you cannot have a threaded barrel to accept a flash hider. what if its not threaded, but is a quick detach style? Lots of grey. Lots of grey.

Scottoe
1.. Easy, Bolt actions rifle, as long as it doesnt have a detachable magazine, or Pistol grip, means you can add a flash hider, since it doesnt have the other evil features.

This can be a long drawn out argument. But simply, if it does seem gray, then do you really want to push it, and risk loosing everything ???

This is only CT im refering to. Other states you can do so much more.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What dealer are you referring to?

JoJo's in Southington.

When I bought my USC, back when he was still in New Britain, I alked about threading and a can or such, and He told me because it was also a Flash hider, its a no no.

A can really does 3 things:

1. Obviously, Sound reduction
2. Flash hiding
3: Acts somewhat as a break, and promotes some aditon accuracy, by eliminating air-gas turbulance when the projectile exits the barrel.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Strojo,

what I meant is I legalized the stock by making it a fixed stock, it doesn't fold. Sorry about the weird wording. A folding stock is still a no-no in CT.

Scottoe

1 - 20 of 53 Posts