HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I form 1 my SP89 and make it a SBR I know I can add the "K" forward grip with the folding buttstock.. But can you keep the "K" grip on if you take the folding stock off the SBR and put back on the A1 buttplate? If you did this would also have to have a AOW stamp or does the SBR stamp cover both?

Don't mean to cause a debate, just hope there is a clear answer to this. Knowing how the verbage is written with the ATF, it probably won't be a clear answer.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
200 Posts
AOW would be front grip ONLY.
SBR you can add or subtract both front grip and stock.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It is my understanding that the SBR stamp superceeds the AOW stamp meaning, that with the SBR stamp you can have both the stock and grip in any configuration i.e. stock only...grip only...both or neither. However with the AOW stamp you can use the K grip or not, but you cannot have a stock.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It is my understanding that the SBR stamp superceeds the AOW stamp meaning, that with the SBR stamp you can have both the stock and grip in any configuration i.e. stock only...grip only...both or neither. However with the AOW stamp you can use the K grip or not, but you cannot have a stock.
yeah....but we're also still waiting to see a letter clarifying whether an SBR,
when placed within a operational enclosure, is allowed to exist solely on its
SBR classification. I understand from another thread (several days ago)
that such a letter has been sent to Tech Branch. This would test the
limits of the SBR-trumps-AOW theory.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Maybe that letter is stapled to the one that definitivly states whether or not we need to engrave.......:340:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts