HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been kicking the idea around for a while and now that I've got my Form 1 back it's time to make a decision. Do I try to find a G36C front end and pay a premium or have my SL8 barrel cut down? I've consulted a few people who do the G36 conversions and one is telling me he can cut and re-profile my barrel no problem and the other says 14.5" is the shortest he'll go due to liability and has heard of people having catastrophic failure from improper gas porting. Does anyone have any experience with having an SL8 barrel cut down to G36C specs? Does it work? Any cycling issues suppressed or unsuppressed? Any recommendations for who I should have do the work? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Contact Tommy Built Tactical

I know they can cut down SL8 barrels to C spec without issues. I asked them if their G36C conversions have original barrels. About half do, and the rest are SL8 barrels that had been cut down and modified.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been talking with Tom Bostic back and forth a bit and will most likely send my rifle to him. His work looks phenomenal and he seems to be very highly recommended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts