HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from Ghilliebear in regards to my "new" C93 that I purchased from J & G sales. He told me that a) there was a lump in the barrel just in front of the chamber would have likely caused the rifle to rupture if fired and b) the barrel fell out once the pin was removed and appears to be a "repair" from CAI. Im no lawyer but does this not constitute knowingly selling a dangerous or defective product? Would I have to have my face blown off to seek legal action? Anyway, no more CAI guns for me unless thoroughly tested. Also, Ghilliebear just got my rifle today and told me that he was already done putting the new barrel in and would test fire it today or tomorrow! It should be on its way back this week. Its been said before by others and I want to re-iterate the excellent service done by Jeff!! Oh yeah, I'll give UPS some props since the rifle was sent on Monday from CO.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I will only buy one to use to send to Ghillie as a parts kit, will send new receiver and US made RCM barrel I have. If the old barrel looks good to Ghillie I will hang onto it for a potential future repair job on another C93 for a shooter, but I want the new RCM barrel on my Ghillie gun

·
Registered
9 Posts
He received my C93 on Friday , called me today to tell me it is finished. I'm glad I found this site and heard about Ghillie, he is the man!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ghilliebear is knocking them out. I have an extra c93 I was thinking of using for parts... Might need to do that.

·
Banned
599 Posts
From the many reads and threads on hkpro mr ghillie appears to be a standup individual who besides having a vast knowledge behind the belt also is respectfull and a a good human being it would be un american to not bring yourr money to him.

·
Banned
599 Posts
I have wonderd about this myself but from secondhand they have "other" external people ducktape them together what might be there "protection"....others in the bizz change there name 7 eight or nine times after they get confronted.
I just got a call from Ghilliebear in regards to my "new" C93 that I purchased from J & G sales. He told me that a) there was a lump in the barrel just in front of the chamber would have likely caused the rifle to rupture if fired and b) the barrel fell out once the pin was removed and appears to be a "repair" from CAI. Im no lawyer but does this not constitute knowingly selling a dangerous or defective product? Would I have to have my face blown off to seek legal action? Anyway, no more CAI guns for me unless thoroughly tested. Also, Ghilliebear just got my rifle today and told me that he was already done putting the new barrel in and would test fire it today or tomorrow! It should be on its way back this week. Its been said before by others and I want to re-iterate the excellent service done by Jeff!! Oh yeah, I'll give UPS some props since the rifle was sent on Monday from CO.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Jeff is an upstanding man, I nearly wish I had something I needed done so I could send it to him. This whole heavy barrel PSG93 is kinda cool and I have a recently assembled 33 that would make a killer base for such a project. Might be something for me to consider after I pay off some med bills.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
On a positive note, they're getting pretty good with face transplants these days.

But in all seriousness, you probably wouldn't have had your face blown off. Worst case would be the forearm would take the brunt of it and you'd get smacked in the hand.

I'm not saying it would be fun, but it wouldn't be catastrophic to you. I shot a rifle one time that got a crack in the barrel under the forearm. The first shot sounded a bit strange. The second one blew smoke out from under the handguard, which is when we knew something was definitely wrong.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Agree about the barrel for spare, Steve, but with original barrels, some shoot VERY good. Of course falling out IS a problem. Just more CAI fodder for a Lawsuit!!
Like mentioned before, mine groups around 1" at 100m (with Scope of course).
I won't change it until gap really falls low, trunnion cracks, or some other calamity occurs.
I put 200 rounds through it Sunday and no problems at all, plus gap didn't budge. Actually shoots better than my primary AR!!
I took a spare G3 buttstock mount, ground away the spare hole, knocked out the recoil spring rod, and now it runs any G3/91 stock.
I am THINKING of putting a wood stock on it and cutting a wood forearm down to fit, too (have several spare sets). I just hate to cut one of the wood forearms up with their
increasing scarcity.
Hope all is well with you both, that you've seen Winter pass, and the year is GOOD to you!!
We had the warmest Winter in over 70?? years, and I just hope the Summer does NOT follow the WARM mold!
Set record low with electric bill and burned NO wood (first time in 23 years).
Hope you both are doing GREAT!!
RUSSELL/STEVE

PS: GHILLIE RULES!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
GHILLIE is a fine businessman, great person and superb friend to have when you need one BADLY!!
GO GHILLIE!!
BANGER/RUSSELL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, as soon as I save a few more bucks, Im sending him my other C93. On this one, it will be here exactly one week after I sent it. I could never ask for more than that!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts