HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still fooloing around attempting to put together the best configuration for this weapon. I am restricted to a 12.75 inch scope (w/ good eye relief) or shorter for this weapon. Thus far the MK IV 2.5 x 8 illuminated is my choice. However, I have been looking at he Kahles recently. How do they compare to one another? Thanks

:44:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this rating scale fairly accurate:

2007 Riflescope Rating Scale

10 - Swarovski Z6, Zeiss Victory
9 - Kahles C - CL & CSX, Schmidt & Bender
8 - Kahles KX, U.S. Optics, Swarovski PH & American, X.O.T.I.C., Zeiss Classic
7 - Leupold VX-7, Nightforce, IOR Valdada
6 - Bushnell Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch, Zeiss Conquest
5 - Leupold Mark 4 VX III & VX-L
4 - Burris Black Diamond Signature Select XTR & Euro Diamond, Meopta, Pentax Lightseeker, Sighton, Super Sniper, Trijicon, Weaver Grand Slam
3 - Bushnell Elite 3200, Leupold VX-II
2 - Burris Fullfield II, Leupold Rifleman & VX-I, Millet, Mueller, Nikon Buckmaster, Simmons
1 - ATN, Barska, Leatherwood, Swift, Tasco
0 - BSA, Leapers, NcStar

·
Registered
732 Posts
Don't know about that. But I have a Burris fullfield 3-9 on my prairie dog rig, and it is clear enough to look through all day without eye strain. I don't know about the rest of these scopes, but the US Optics has a great reputation.

I think perhaps at some point any incremental improvement in the optics proper become indiscernible to the user. At some point it is the other features such as adjustable focus or parallax and bullet drop compensators which begin to make a difference.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know about that. But I have a Burris fullfield 3-9 on my prairie dog rig, and it is clear enough to look through all day without eye strain. I don't know about the rest of these scopes, but the US Optics has a great reputation.

I think perhaps at some point any incremental improvement in the optics proper become indiscernible to the user. At some point it is the other features such as adjustable focus or parallax and bullet drop compensators which begin to make a difference.
I have never owned a Burris, but I am sure they are very efficient. I have a Zeiss and a S&B on two other rifles .... Though these are more scope than I will ever need (or capable of fully using without additional training), the quality on these scopes is overwhelming and I think worth the expenditure. However, they are also on high priced rifles.

The PTR MSG though is not a precision type weapon (its ok, but not all that..., no 1/4 MOA, etc.) and thus some of the features of the more expensive scopes would be lost on this weapon and not worth the funds. That said, I still desire to keep fairly high quality optics on the weapon. The scope also needs to be a tactical type scope -- probably, TMD, MD, BDC, etc.

Having not used or even seen a Kahles I was wondering about them. After what I have read they look very good and probably better that the MK IVs -- at about the same price ....

Anyway ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts