HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
What care should be taken in selecting a Holo sight or scope on an USC? Specifically, do you sacrifice the iron sights for the scope or is there a bridge or other device needed to raise the scope above the iron sights? I was thinking of using an Insight ISM-V. Any suggestions, recommendations, comments, Beuller...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome aboard!

First off, you won't get any sights to truly co-witness on the USC/UMP sights, therefore, you're going to have to settle with being able to see the iron sights through your optic but not have the dot/reticle align with the post for easy viewing.

My sight selection was based on size, utility, and durability, so I chose the Zeiss Z-point shown here;

This is a good matchup with a small profile and doesn't look too big or get in the way of anything. I'm not familiar with the Insight offering, but most any red-dot optic should work great.

·
Registered
364 Posts
As stated above no scopes or sight will co-witness on the UMP/USC. I have had the following on mine to see witch I liked. Aimpoint M2/ML3/Micro T-1, Eotech 511, and C-more Hands down go with the EOtech. It was easy to shoot in and was extremely accurate and quick target acquisition is unrivaled.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with a Aimpoint on mine. I used the cantalever mount because I did want to not see the front site in my scope. And below you can see how it worked for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have tried an aimpoint ML3, and a c-more reddot, and I have to say the irons worked best for me. At that range I can still put the shots almost touching off hand. Rapidfiring is a pleasure too. Amazing how little recoil the USC has for a .45acp.

I don't have an eotech to try , and it probably works really well, but I sold my 512 few montsh ago as I didn't like it on my ultralight AR.
ACOG won that one.

·
2,831 Posts
I went with the Z-Point, it works great, its small and looks like its made for the UMP. Also added the XS front night sight and rear non night sight.....both are much better than the stock sights.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I really need to 'bite the bullet' and get a USC and start saving for the conversion

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really need to 'bite the bullet' and get a USC and start saving for the conversion
Yes, you do. :D

BTW, if you need convincing and you live in Orlando and want to shoot mine, just PM me. :)

·
2,831 Posts
with the Z point you can still use the iron sights, they are not true co-witnessed but are there at the bottom of the Z point, also the Z points pop right off if wanted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just added an Aimpoint comp2 with a tall cantilever mount to my UMP. Seems to work PERFECTLY, can only see partof the front ghostring, so I like it.
We'll see how it works or fast drills.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm fairly certain I could use about 200 rounds of convincing! Where in the orlando area?
I live in Winter Park, by the BMW dealer...and you can shoot as much .45 as you bring. :) Going shooting with other people is more fun than going alone, anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts