HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What care should be taken in selecting a Holo sight or scope on an USC? Specifically, do you sacrifice the iron sights for the scope or is there a bridge or other device needed to raise the scope above the iron sights? I was thinking of using an Insight ISM-V. Any suggestions, recommendations, comments, Beuller...

· Registered
526 Posts
Welcome aboard!

First off, you won't get any sights to truly co-witness on the USC/UMP sights, therefore, you're going to have to settle with being able to see the iron sights through your optic but not have the dot/reticle align with the post for easy viewing.

My sight selection was based on size, utility, and durability, so I chose the Zeiss Z-point shown here;

This is a good matchup with a small profile and doesn't look too big or get in the way of anything. I'm not familiar with the Insight offering, but most any red-dot optic should work great.

· Registered
353 Posts
As stated above no scopes or sight will co-witness on the UMP/USC. I have had the following on mine to see witch I liked. Aimpoint M2/ML3/Micro T-1, Eotech 511, and C-more Hands down go with the EOtech. It was easy to shoot in and was extremely accurate and quick target acquisition is unrivaled.

· Registered
66 Posts
I have tried an aimpoint ML3, and a c-more reddot, and I have to say the irons worked best for me. At that range I can still put the shots almost touching off hand. Rapidfiring is a pleasure too. Amazing how little recoil the USC has for a .45acp.

I don't have an eotech to try , and it probably works really well, but I sold my 512 few montsh ago as I didn't like it on my ultralight AR.
ACOG won that one.

· Registered
481 Posts
I really need to 'bite the bullet' and get a USC and start saving for the conversion

· Registered
101 Posts
I'm fairly certain I could use about 200 rounds of convincing! Where in the orlando area?
I live in Winter Park, by the BMW dealer...and you can shoot as much .45 as you bring. :) Going shooting with other people is more fun than going alone, anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.