HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i go about getting the dimensions for the rear endcap for the SD suppressor? im doing a F1 suppressor with a CNC lathe. But since im using a CA barreled receiver, the trunnion is already welded in place and the shroud installed, blocking me from taking trunnion/suppressor interface measurements... Any tips?
Also, any of u SD shooters have issues with the can loosening on u during fire? if so how many rounds? this will be run with a Reg sear.
THANKS,
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You're over thinking it. Just make the end cap as you would do the front cap. Make sure the end cap is threaded 18X1 (I have a Coharie/SW SD barrel and the threads are a little loose but will work.)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was gonna try to match the turned down face of the trunnion... and doesnt the SD have a locking ring or O ring of some sort? i figured it went into the groove machined in the face of the trunnion and the suppressor end cap threaded against it.
Jeremy

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The o ring seals the can and the trunion. If you're trying to replicate the groove on the back of your form 1 can, is your goal to not use an o ring? I think you can do one or the other but not both. The factory sd or ring is flimsy. The full circumfrence sd trunion uses a thick full ring. There's no need to try and image the stepped ring to fit the trunion.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't help you, but I do remember the approach into Cherokee County Airport as one of the nicest views in Texas.:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Jeremy,
the bottom of the SD cans are smooth . And I would recommend using the "O" ring on the SD. Never had any problems without the O-ring....but it is nicer with it! BMP's O-ring material is nice & works well.
Dj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts